The Right Way

April 29, 2018

Apart from Dani's comment the day goes off as normal, well as normal as it can be after what happened yesterday. The blondes clean up the small mess the legends did along with the kids. Without Dani noticing Sara manages to steal a few kisses from Ava.

They spent the morning in bed as a family, Dani is sprawled out on top of Ava while Brooke was crawling in circles in the middle of the bed. The blondes just let her do it, they knew she would fuss or cry if they stopped her.

A few minutes later Dani fell deep asleep, Ava took Dani to her room, so she could sleep without the background noise or Brooke's non-stop babbling.

While Ava was gone, Sara picked up Brooke, sat her on her lap, and placed a blanket over them. She had recently found out Brooke concentrated on her more if she blocked the Tv or windows, or anything that moved.

Sara had been trying to get Brooke to say mommy for the past week, the baby smiled at her as she repeated the word, mommy. Sara slightly tickled Brooke.

"Come on, just repeat after me. It can't be that hard, you are constantly babbling, it would be nice if we knew what you are trying to say once in a while" Sara muttered "mo-mmy, mo-mmy, mommy, mo-mmy"

Brooke opens her mouth copying Sara, the Captain smiles at least she was doing something "Just say it" She whispers.

Then Brooke starts babbling again, Sara sighs putting a pillow over her head. She soon feels a weight dropping on her neck, the blonde carefully moves the pillow and blanket out of her face allowing her to see Brooke's little head resting on her neck and the rest of her tiny body laying on her chest.

Sara smiles softly "It is impossible to stay mad at you"

She sits up straight holding Brooke against her chest, the baby grunts. Sara rolls her eyes.

"I know you would rather be laying but I should really give you a bath, and it is already like ten we should really do something productive" Sara states getting up from the bed "Also tell your Mama that she could help me bath you instead of just staring at us from the door," Sara says loudly for Ava to hear.

Ava blushes lightly from the door, following Sara to the bathroom.

The water is filling the bathtub, while Sara is getting out the towels, Brooke's diaper, and onesie. Brooke gestures her hands towards Ava as soon as she sees her.

Ava picks up Brooke from her baby seat "How did you know I was there?" Ava asks, taking off her shoes.

Sara shrugs "League training, and you weren't subtle at all" She smirks.

Ava turns to Brooke "Your mommy is a ninja apparently, she does things quietly"

Sara gets closer to Ava placing a kiss on her cheek and taking Brooke from her arms "Not sure about that one last night" The Captain smirks walking away.

Ava swears if Brooke had been in her arms, she would have dropped her.

The couple sits on the floor to bathe Brooke, Sara places her baby in the bathtub. They bathe Brooke as usual, the baby keeps splashing bubbles and water around the. Sara leans on the bathtub playing with Brooke, so Ava could wash her hair without the baby fussing.

Ava smiles as Brooke giggles. After washing Brooke's hair she feels a splash of water landing on her face. She turns around with the water falling down her face to see Sara laughing.

The Director splashes back, they continue to fight, splashing each other. Ava uses both of her hands to completely splash Sara. Sara smirks figuring out a plan, Brooke was at the edge of the bathtub which was big enough to fit them both without touching Brooke.