Welcome Home

Just fluff of single mom Sara...

December 19, 2017

Three weeks ago Sara had discovered that Ava Sharpe was found dead since then her life changed completely. Soon after she got the news the Bureau tried to take Brooke with them, since the procedure was to put her in foster care.

Sara soon stepped in, she had no idea if she was ready to be a mother, but she couldn't just let them take Brooke. It took countless meetings and fights with the board for them to allow Brooke to remain in her care.

With the help of Quentin Lance, Sara was able to register Brooke as her daughter and get her a birth certificate. The little one was now known as Brooke Sharpe Lance, even if the captain knew almost nothing about Ava Sharpe she deserved to be remembered in Brooke's life as the mother who brought her to life and gave hers to keep her baby safe.

Thankfully Ava did take down the Ava Corporation so that didn't oppose a threat for Brooke anymore.

None of the legends wanted to admit it but the Waverider was not a place for Brooke to grow up, so they decided to take that weight off their Captain's shoulders. The legends got the blonde an apartment in Star City, well it was actually Ray who paid for it but it is a group gift.

It was a medium-size apartment, it had an open kitchen, a living room, an office, and two bedrooms that were connected through the bathroom. They made a few changes to the office and turned it into a gym.

They got furniture and decorated the place, it took them a week to set everything while trying to hide it from Sara. While she was busy or asleep the legends would sneak out of the ship to continue their plan.

Sara was sitting in her room while Brooke was in her playmat, even if it had been three weeks she was still wrapping her head around that now she had a small human that is fully dependent on her.

Of course, she was happy to raise and love the baby, but part of her was still sore about how she got here. Also, her mind was planning at full speed on what she was going to do, she needed to find a stable income to pay for all of Brooke's things, she needed a place to live in, also to decide if it was still a good idea to Captain the legends while having such a small baby.

Yeah, she did it for the almost past two months but it was temporary, that is not the case any longer.

Sara was still lost in her mind when Zari, Nate, and Ray got into her room. The blonde raised her eyebrow at them when she noticed the cardboard boxes in their arms.

"Time to pack, Captain," Zari says putting down the boxes. Sara looks at them even more confused than before.

All the team soon gathers in Sara's quarters "Ok, what the hell are you planning?"

The legends exchange looks between them before Ray takes a step forward "You have a kid now Sara, and as much as we love you...you and Brooke need a better place to live in than a time travel ship...so with everyone's help we bought and decorated an apartment for you to move in"

Sara stared at all the legends, she loves this team more than anything but sometimes they had a single working brain cell so she was actually surprised they pulled this off.

"All of you really did that?" Sara asks softly.

"Of course, mini Captain needs a proper place to grow up in" Nate replies.

"So pack because we are helping you move in" Behrad continues.

Sara stayed silent for a minute, this was actually happening she was moving out of the Waverider "Uh-hmm, can someone help me pack, and can someone watch Brooke?" She mumbles.