Familiar Faces

I've never brought this up before, but Nightmare is in fact in his corrupted state as a ghost. He does NOT have tentacles though (I don't think I stated that earlier). Just the ghostly goop. Also, in this universe, you need a code in order to access an AU. Each au has a specific code that can sometimes be cracked by guessing thanks to the fact that it's very similar to the name. Codes can be altered by anyone who knows how to "hack" into the database. Error, Nightmare, and Outer are the only ones who do it regularly (don't ask). Anyone can learn it, but Dust and Cross are the only ones who understand how it works. Killer just follows Noots lead and Horror doesn't have enough magic to get it to work.

__________________________________________________________________________

Killer stood in an open field, their opposers on the other side. It was hard to make out WHO exactly the others were, their forms blurry despite the night being clear. They were talking, but their voices were unfamiliar.

"This is your last chance to back down," One of the figures called, unsheathing their weapon. Killer growled at them, summoning two knives and taking a step forward.

"Over my dead body." He snarled, launching himself at the figures across the field. They seemed to be expecting that, the one in the front jumping out of the way and countering with their own weapon. The other two seemingly shortcutted to opposite sides of the open field.

Killer took another swipe at the blur in front of him, the person jumping back. "Welp, we warned you." One of the others yelled nonchalantly, holding their arms up in a shrugging motion.

The other two blurs circled in, both hitting him with ranged attacks. He dodged the first but the second hit his leg, causing him to stumble. The figure in front of him took advantage of it and kicked his other leg, forcing him to the ground.

Killer summoned a blaster and shot it at the one who kicked him, regaining his footing and shooting bones up through the ground in the general direction of the other two. He noticed too late an attack charging behind him and got hit head on, flooring him once again.

The blurs dispelled their weapons as Killer tried to get back to his feet, unsuccessfully. "We told you that you were no match for the three of us." One of the figures stated, crouching down to his level and pushing him all the way to the floor, pinning his arms in place.

The figure who had remained front and center took his chin and rubbed his cheek. "It's okay, it's over now. I think we both knew how this would end. Hey, it's okay, you'll be safe with us! I promise we'll take care of you..."

"NIGHTMARE! GET UP!"

Nightmare jolted up, panicking. "What?! Did Dust set the kitchen on fi- Oh. Hello Cross." Cross was standing in the doorway, an uneasy look on his face. "Sorry about that, but Killer told me to come and get you."

The ghost blinked, comprehending the soldier's words. "Oh! Pff, I apologize. I shall be right out." Half of the words that Cross had said flew right over his head in his post nap-sleep-thing haze, but he managed to get the gist. He glanced at the clock, sighing at the time. 7 AM. As usual.

He pushed himself into a less slouched position on his windowsill and looked out over the town. Still as desolate as ever. He sighed, getting to his feet and pulling the door open, walking down the hall to the main entrance, where they usually met up to talk about the day's plans.

Horror and Cross had done a pretty good job at cleaning up the little town hall they called home. The floorboards were still creaky and the place still smelled damp, but it was progress. Even if it wasn't much, it was home.