Chapter 4- Working with the Enemy

-Flash back (sophomore) -

My phone vibrated on my desk during the daily lecture of second period. I flipped my phone, and positioned it in front of my book.

A Snapchat from Tyler.

He was a Junior, Jason disliked. But wasn't going to stop me just because someone else didn't like him.

Meet me at your locker after class...

He texted me. Sammie noticed me, not paying attention. She leans over and whispers, "Is Jason texting you again?"

"What, no." I flinched. "He totally is. You've got that face when he text you like Have a good day or Can we hang out? Always that expression?" I rolled my eyes.

-

I put my book bag in my locker and running up behind me we Tyler. "Boo!" He poked my sides. "Ah, jeez. What's up?"

He leaned against the locker next to mine. "I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me."

"Go out... like a date." My eyes grew concerned. "Yeah..." Tyler in a daze, "Ah ha, umm.. yeah no." I declined.

In a fit of realization, he looked more focused on the conversation now. "No? What do you mean no?" His voice grew louder.

"I mean no. You're a cool guy but I don't see you like that. Like at all." I stated, switching out my books.

Almost chopping my fingers off with the locker, Tyler slammed his palm down, and shut my blue locker.

"Woah, chill." I jerked back. "Do you realize what you just did?" He yelled, gathering the attention of passing students in the halls.

"Almost breaking my fingers, I don't know? You're gonna have to be a little more specific." I lectured sarcastically, seeing Sammie and Jason in the corner of my eye.

"You... turned me... down."

"Yeah, so?"

"So... you're going to realize that,
- that was a mistake, Taylor." He kept walking closer.

I saw him pull back his fist. Coming down fast and powerful, I block his attack with my thick chemistry book. To which he cried out in pain.

With his foot, he stomped the book down, out of my hands. Opening me, for a smack to the face.

The shock was delayed as blew a punch to his stomach. Feeling my tingly cheek getting hot. Students started cheering.

As for Tyler, he yanked my arm, and shoved me into a locker. The bashing noise of my body to the lockers, echoed through the hall.

Pinned with my face to the metal, I used my leg and pushed off the locker. Tyler, pushed back long enough for me to kick him again.

He started yelling.

"You're a freak! You should go to a mental hospital or jail with your brother... or better yet, hell with your mom."

My adrenaline got the better of me and I tackled him to the ground. Straddling him to cold tiles. Swinging my fist back and forth at his face and chest.

I felt two arms, lifting me up from off Tyler's stomach. I was screaming, using so much force to get out of whoever's grasp. Tears flooding down my face.

Jason let me down and held me back from retaliation.

Tyler got to his knees. Catching his breath, "Bitch." He whispered, out of breath. Touching his finger to his nose, bleeding fast. His lip was cut open too.