She will get worst before she gets better

Start from the beginning

He looks around and spots the staircase, he starts going up them skipping some steps as he goes up, once on the floor, he rushes towards Lindsey's room, Mrs. Garcia brings her hands over to her face and with a worried look she asks "What is wrong with her, why did she start coughing blood" Kyle grabs the tablet outside of Lindsey's plastic barrier and looks at the latest results "This must be one of the effects of being off the meds" he turns around and looks at Nurse Hailen "how much is her temperature?"

Nurse Hailen comes out of the barrier wearing her hazmat suit "38.7 and by the looks of it, it continues rising" He puts the tablet down "Damn it" he looks at the receptionist "page doctor Nerducci, and get me some towels and cold water now, MOOVE PEOPLEE!"

Mr. Garcia stands face to face with Kyle and shouts "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH OUR DAUGHTER? YOU SAID YOU COULD SAVE HER." Kyle looks at Mr. Garcias red face and takes a step back, putting some space between the two of them "We don't know, that's why we're doing this"

Mr. Garcia takes a deep breath and from the top of his lungs screams at him "THEN FIGURE IT OUT DAMN IT, WE ARE SPENDING HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS IN HOSPITAL BILLS" he then turns to look at his wife "I TOLD YOU WE SHOULD'VE TAKEN HER HOME TO REST HER LAST DAYS"

Kyle stand between both parents, and standing his ground he looks firmly at Mr. Garcia "OK MR GARCIA, I'm going to have to ask you to calm down, or you will have to leave" Mr. Garcia was about to interrupt him, but Kyle puts a finger up "all this screaming is not going to help your daughter get any better, if anything it will put her in more discomfort"

Kyle turns to look at Nurse Noren "do you remember what I told you the other day to lower the temperature of one of your patients?" Nurse Noren gives him a confused look "Yes, why?" Kyle smirks at her "I need you to do it while I rush back and do something, we need to get that temperature down now and giver her 10 ml of Ibuprofen" Noren looks at him "10 ml's?" Kyle, knowing where the question comes from reassures her "she is big enough, her body can take the dosage"

Noren nods at him and heads outside to get the medication, Kyle follows her out. After a few minutes she gowns up and enters the bubble. Once inside, she starts putting cold towels underneath her neck, right where the hypothalamus is, on her armpits, her chest and the sole of her feet. As the time keeps passing by, she keeps soaking the towels over and over until a better part of an hour and a half has passed and her temperature has finally dropped to 37.1.

Kyle is in the office, spiraling down "What aren't we seeing, what is wrong with you Lindsey, why won't you get better?" He brings his right hand to his forhead "What haven't I spot? What are you hiding?" He thows his pager against the wall "GOD DAMN IIIITTT, WHAT ARE WE MISSING PUÑEEEEETAAAAAAAA AAAAAA UGHHH"

He pushes everything off of the desk, papers levetate towards the floor as he starts to breath trying to regain his posture, Nerducci walks in sees the mess "Sandoval, Noren managed to bring her temperature down." He stares at the papers on the floor and the whole made on the wall "Hey, hey Sandoval breath"

He squeezes his head "WHAT THE FUCK ARE WE MISSING? What are we not seeing? Why is this so hard? There must be something missing" Nerducci puts a comforting hand on his shoulder "Kyle, you're doing your best okay, just breath, every time something changes, we are a step closer" Kyle burst out laughing with a crazy tone "A step closer to killing her you mean, because my best isn't good enough, there is something missing, something we haven't seen."

At that moment he stares at the papers on the floor, he drops to his knees and start searching around the mess, Nerducci looks at him "What are you doing?" Kyle holds his right pam up "Shhhh, where is it, where is it, where is it" he continues searching on the floor "AJAAAA" Kyle stands up, looks at the results on his hand and smiles "I GOT IT, OH MY GOD NERDUCCI YOU SMART SON OF A BITCH"

He kisses Nerducci in the forehead "MMMMMUUUAAAAA GOD OF COURSE" Nerducci stands there surprised "MMM, what did I do?" Kyle brings his eyes back to Nerducci "Oh you, no, it's not what you did, is what you said; every time something changes, we're a step closer; Now come, I'll explain later but if I'm right we need to get to the lab now."

———

"Breath, focus on one thing and one thing only, focus on your breathing, hold it in, hold it tight, and let it go, it's just that simple, control that things that you can, just like you control your breathing, for fixating on something that you have no control over will bring you to the verge of a panic attack, and when you get into panic mode, nothing gets done, so just remember to breath, and take it as it comes"

———

Has Kyle truly found what is wrong with Lindsey, or is this another dead end?

To find out what happens next, continue reading the coming chapters.