Austin's face turned white in fear, but I couldn't deal with his fear right now because I was dealing with my own insane fear that Alan and Austin were in the same room together.

Wait.

They knew each other.

"Alan, listen, I can explain-" Austin and I started at the same time, our words un-synchronized and desperate.

Alan quirked an eyebrow and smirked at us, both of us turning to look at the other in surprise.

"Wait, you two know each other?" My voice was high and demanding.

"Of course!" Austin looked indignant. "He didn't tell you?"

"No, tell me what?" I looked between the two of them, trying to put the pieces together. They weren't related, they couldn't be. Maybe they had went to college together? Maybe they were...I don't know.

"Uhm, Kellin, this is my boyfriend." Alan said to me quietly.

I reeled for a moment. What?? Boyfriend? I turned to Austin in shock, "You didn't tell me you were dating someone!" then another thought occurred to me, "You didn't either!" I shouted to Alan.

"You guys are dating?" Austin exclaimed in shock, " I thought you were just friends, Alan!"

I checked out for a minute while Austin and Alan bickered. This explains everything. It explains why Alan never took me to his house, why Austin didn't want to get close, why he started getting really nervous the day after the party: He knew Alan and I had been hanging out. He hadn't had the decency to tell either of us what he'd done. Guilt riddled me, I hadn't either. I told Alan about the guy problems, at least. Austin and I weren't speaking, so I didn't exactly hold any obligation to him. Alan..Alan hadn't told me either.

"Yeah! Well I knew! Did you think I was stupid or something?" Alan exclaimed, infuriated.

"Alan." I spoke trying to get his attention. How could he do this to me? He made me feel better..

"Oh please, so this was your plan? To get in his pants just to spite me?" Austin replied. "Well good luck, your spiting didn't work." I felt a little hurt that I didn't mean that much to either of them. I was merely a tool in their dysfunctional relationship.

"Alan," I said again, emotions running high.

"Fine, then this means nothing to you?" Alan grabbed me by the hair of the head and kissed me passionately. His lips were soft, they cared right? This wasn't a kiss like what I shared with Austin. He felt it too right? He let go all too soon, and I was released to see a very red Austin, who looked like he could spit fire.

"No, but you seem to care an awful lot, it'd be a shame if I-" He pushed me into a desk and bent me over before biting my neck roughly, never breaking eye contact with Alan.

"Leave him out of this!" Alan was furious, and pulled me away from Austin and behind himself.

Was I not even a person anymore?

"You brought him into this! This is all your fault." He accused, getting in Alan's face.

"Hey! Don't talk to him like that! It's not his fault!" I defended Alan.

"He's my boyfriend Kellin!" Austin shouted.

"He has a claim in this too!" Alan chimed in. "You started this mess!"

"I know!" Austin exploded, and Alan and I were silent. "You don't think I know?" He started crying, and it became very heavy suddenly. What happened now?