part six

Luca brought Amber to the owl house, he wanted to explain everything to everyone later at dinner time. He didn't know how his mother, Camila, would react. She had never spoken to Amber before, sometimes they would say hello to one another, but that was about it. He knew if she got to know Amber a little more, she'd be fine with the poor girl staying.

Amber was sitting in Luca's room, playing with Luz on the floor. Luz wanted to play with her Azura dolls with Amber, while Luca was on his bed playing video games.

"Raaaaa the snake got you."

Amber was playing with Luz's fake snake toy, while Luz played with her Azura doll.

"Nooo, but I use a spell to make you stop! And you die!"

Amber laughs. "The spell just killed me like that?"

Luz jumps onto Amber's lap. "Yes! It's the killing spell"

Luca overheard their conversation. "Wish that was real, huh."

Luz and Amber laugh a bit before Luz speaks up. "Who would you even use it on, Luca?"

Luca looks over at Amber, and leans in a bit and with a deep voice. ".... the most evil bastard in the world! Amber's mother!"

Luz laughs, falling over, and Luca jumps off the bed. His feet on either side of Luz and tickles her.

"Oh noooo the evil bastard Azura is dead too!! What will we ever doooooo." Luz laughs while trying to also get out a sentence.

"Az- hahaha, Azura- hahahaha, isn't." Luz kicks Luca away from him, "Azura isn't a bad guy!"

Luz then jokingly jumps onto Luca, knocking him over. It surprised Luca, so he let out a small yelp before laughing a bit. Amber hadn't been paying attention to know that Luz was only playing with the boy. Amber stands up and grabs Luz, throwing the girl onto the bed. "Why? Don't hurt him!"

Luca laughs and pulls Amber down, causing her to fall on his stomach. "Overprotective little pooper! We're playing!"

Luca roughhoused for a bit longer with the two girls, before being called to dinner. The three of them rush down the stairs and sit at the table. Camila had already set out the food, before they got down, so everyone started eating when they sat down.

Amber had never had this type of human food before, it was pasta. Luca knew this, so he let her have some of his, a forkful of it. Amber began to eat her own, but kept sneaking bits from Luca. She just put her hand over and took some off his plate. Luca noticed it but acted as if he didn't. It went on for most of the dinner before Luca ran out and Amber ate her own food.

After dinner, Luca brings everyone over, plopping Amber with everyone's palismen and telling her to watch them for him while he talks to the others. Luca explains all the problems that Amber was having and how Odalia treated her, telling them that he feels Amber would be safer if she stayed here instead.

Everyone was okay with what Luca had brought up. They all felt bad for the girl and wanted to help everyone, but Camila. Once everyone left to go as they pleased, Camila pulled Luca to the side to talk with him.

"Luca, I understand you want the best for your girlfriend, as do I, but her mother... or caretaker, sounds crazy. I'm just scared that if Amber stays for quite some time, she would come and try to hurt you or anyone here. I really don't want that to happen, honey..."

"Yes, mami I know, but trust me Amber wouldn't allow her to come here! I mean, she doesn't even like it if I play-fight with Luz. Do you really think she would allow Odalia to come here without a fight? We'll be fine."

Camila shrugs. "Luca... I just really don't know if this is a good idea. That woman sounds like a terrible person."

Luca sighs. "Mami, it'll be 100 percent fine! I don't think she'd even try to come here, honestly. She didn't try to pick a fight with me when we were there! Only with Amber... and all she did was yell too. Yeah, one slap, but really just yell."

Camila takes a deep breath. "Okay, Luca, I guess I'll allow it."

Luca smiles and walks to where Amber was sitting. Lumi, and the other palismen were cuddled up together. Marshmallow, who was Lucia's, was laying next to Lumi, who had Owlbert on her head and Alba next to her cuddling by her tail. Even with all the cuteness happening in front of her, Amber was looking at her phone, nervously.

"Is there something wrong, babes?"

"Amelia keeps texting and calling me. Yelling at me for leaving."

Luca gently takes the phone away from Amber. "I'll go put it on my dresser. Then you don't need to worry about that, and we can just relax together."

Amber nods and Luca goes to his room and plops her phone down. They didn't sit in the living room much longer, as it was getting late and both of them got tired. After an hour down there, they decided to go back upstairs to go to bed.

Luca takes his shirt off and gives it to Amber. Amber didn't bring anything with her, other than Lumi, obviously, and he didn't want her to be uncomfortable sleeping in a dress. Luca takes his jeans off and lays in his bed and waits for Amber to come back from the bathroom.

The girl doesn't take long, wearing his shirt with her tights. Once she walks over to the bed, Luca also plops his hat on her. Amber jumps onto the bed and lies on Luca's chest, before sitting up, and she begins to knead the blanket that Luca had underneath him. As usual, Luca thought it was cute, so he leaned in and gave the girl a kiss on the forehead. "Aw, my little baker is back at work."

Amber smiles, continuing to knead while laying her head on the boy's chest, and slowly falls asleep. Luca had been playing with her hair as she was kneading the bed, he also fell asleep. It was nice for both of them, finally comfortable with another person, asleep.