Epilogue

"Are you ready for tomorrow?" Hudson asked me on FaceTime as we both finished up packing.

"As ready as I'll ever be, I guess," I laughed.

Tomorrow is move-in day at the dorms. Hudson and I are going to the same college. We didn't decide based on our relationship, but it just worked out that way and I couldn't be happier. We got assigned to live in the same building too, but different floors.

If you had asked me four months ago I would never have guessed that this would be my life right now. It would have been unfathomable to think that Grant and I would be broken up, my best friend would be awaiting trial for assaulting me, or that I'd be in a relationship with Hudson. And not just any relationship - I'm happier than I even knew was possible.

"Dinner tomorrow night together?" I asked. We already said we'd get dinner together tomorrow after we finish moving in our belongings and setting up our rooms and our parents leave, but I just needed that reassurance in all the craziness.

"Yes, definitely."

"You won't want to ditch me for your new roommate or people on your floor?" I ask teasingly.

"Even if my roommate is Lebron James himself I would still eat dinner with you," he replied.

I couldn't help but laugh because I knew he 100% meant it.

I started yawning as I pushed a few stray pieces of clothing on my bedroom floor with my foot.

"Go to sleep, it's going to be a long day tomorrow. Text me when you're on your way to campus?"

"Yeah, you text me too if you leave earlier than me," I said.

"Alright. Good night," Hudson said.

"Night, love you," I replied.

"I love you too."

I smiled thinking back to a few weeks earlier when we had said we loved each other for the first time. I think I might've realized I loved him while I was in my coma, but we didn't profess our deep feelings for each other until our 2 month anniversary recently. Sometimes I wish that Sera were a real life friend so she could see how great things are going for me right now. I guess theoretically she might be watching over me and know, but I wish I could talk to her. I haven't had a dream with her in it in a while.

I climbed into bed and pulled my covers over me. I ignored the boxes and mess all over my room as I closed my eyes, anxious and excited for college to begin.

"Long time no see," Sera said with a smile.

"Sera! I was just thinking how much I miss you before I fell asleep. My subconscious must have kept you in mind when I fell asleep so I could dream of you."

I went to hug her and wanted to squeeze her forever.

"I have so much to tell you. You know Hudson and I have been together for over 2 months now? And we told each other we love each other?"

"I know! It's so exciting! You guys are great together. I always had a good feeling about that guy," she said and winked.

I don't know how long we talked for. The concept of time in dreamland is weird, but before I knew it Sera was telling me it was time for her to go.

"I've got a lot to do so I need to get going."

"But it's my dream, can't you stay for as long as I want?"

Sera started laughing, "Girl, I'm your guardian angel. I can't just be hanging out in your dreams all night long! I've got other people to watch over, you know to guardian...or whatever."

"You're my guardian angel?! I thought you were just in my dreams as like a figment of my imagination or subconscious."

"It's how I visit you, stupid," she playfully hit the back of my head.

"So when you came into my dreams a few months ago telling me everything was going to work out, that was really you?"

"Duh," she rolled her eyes.

"I should've known. My dream version of you would've been nicer," I joked.

"Ha very funny. Good luck with the start of college and I'll be back soon to check in on you, okay?"

"Okay. And Sera?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks for everything. You literally saved my life in so many ways."

Sera blushed, embarrassed by my praise.

"I'm serious. When I thought all hope was lost in all different aspects of my life you gave me strength. You reminded me that my life wasn't over and that I was still alive and here."

"You're welcome."

We hugged one more time.

"Okay, let me go now for real before you start crying and getting my clothes all wet," Sera said.

I chuckled, "Okay. See you soon."

"See you soon. Don't forget, I'm always here if you need me."

Sera faded away and I had the distinct feeling that I was smiling in my sleep.