Chapter 6: The Struggles of Kidnapping

Rebekah and Annabeth were seated at the bar at Rousseus in New Orleans. A few days passed since Percy had returned.

The grey eyed beauty pointed at a brochure in front of her on the bar. "And maybe we could visit here too," she said, excitement dancing within her eyes.

Glancing at Rebekah for only a moment, before looking back at the brochure, Annabeth continued speaking, "And if you look at the arch right here," she gestured to the picture, "It's called the Victory Arch, it's located on Burgundy street, and it's inspired by the ancient triumphal arches of the Roman Empire, such as the Arch of Titus, and it's carved from stone. It was previously located in New York, but it was torn down in 1920."

"Isn't it cool? The engravings on it are beautiful. And-" The demigod slowed down. She stopped talking about to arch and met Rebekah's eyes. "I've been talking for a while, haven't I?"

The original shook her head, a soft encouraging smile on her face. "No, I love listening to you, Annie." Her eyes looked at the demigod sweetly. "You could never bore me."

Annabeth's face softened. "It's just-" she paused, "I know sometimes I just talk on and on about things that fascinate me, and I don't mean to-"

Rebekah reached to hold her hand. "Annie, I don't want you to be anyone but yourself when you're with me." Their gaze remained on each other's. "I like you. A lot. Okay?"

The daughter of Athena's lips formed a cute half smile as she voiced, "Okay."

Annabeth leaned in close to Rebekah's face to press a light kiss on her cheek.

Cute little lovesick smiles appeared on both of their faces. Rebekah leaned forward to peck her lips, before pulling away and picking up Annabeth's hand. She kissed the inside of her palm before intertwining their fingers together.

The demigod's smile widened and her nose and eyes crinkled slightly. Rebekah had a way of making her soul flood with sunshine.

Their hands stayed intertwined even when the food arrived. They found a way to eat with just one hand.

After all, holding hands was just as much a necessity to live as eating food.

After they finished eating, Annabeth had to go to the bathroom.

She got the attention of the bartender named Sophie. "Hey, can you tell me where the bathroom is?"

The woman with dark brown hair pointed in a direction, but then spoke up, "The bathroom is in a bit of a weird area, it's down a hallway. But I can show you where it is."

The demigod nodded. "Okay, cool. Thanks."

Sophie did a hand signal to her coworker, letting her know she would be stepping away from the bar.

Annabeth told Rebekah she would be right back, before she got out of her seat.

During their short goodbye, Sophie pulled out her phone to text her sister. 'Start the spell.'

After putting her phone away, she and Annabeth began walking.

Sophie led her out of the room and down a hallway. They walked by a few doors, one of which was labeled bathroom, but Sophie continued walking.

Annabeth slowed down her steps. Gesturing to the door labeled bathroom, the blonde asked, "Isn't this it?"

The witch shook her head. "No, uh, that one's not working."