The (not a) date

It didn't take long for Friday to approach. As excited as he was, Izuku couldn't deny the anxiety that sat heavy in his stomach. He nervously checked out his outfit. It wasn't anything fancy, a simple t-shirt and a pair of jeans. He wasn't entirely sure if it was good enough.

It wasn't like the class was going anywhere that he needed to dress up for. The others said it was just an arcade. A casual outing. 

Still, he felt a little plain. He hadn't been too insecure during the time that he could remember but for whatever reason the self doubt was beginning to creep in. Maybe he'd been too preoccupied to think about his appearance up until now?

He scanned over his face, frowning. There really wasn't anything too attractive about it, was there? A splatter of freckles across his cheeks and a wild mess of curls framing his face. Those were the most interesting features he had and whether or not they were attractive was... subjective.

Well, technically all beauty is subjective, right?

He chewed his lip and sighed. He was nervous that Katsuki would start to notice how boring he looked. He was scared that the other wouldn't like it.

He messed with his hair again, giving up on getting it to look neat. He was going to be late to meet up with his classmates in the common area at the rate he was going.

He grabbed a jacket and ran out of his room.

Maybe he should start moving his clothes over to Katsuki's so he wouldn't have to go to his room whenever he needed to change?

He'd have to ask when they got back if he remembered...

He blushed, realizing that they might have to change infront of one another if that was the case. On second thought, maybe walking to his room was worth it.

Stepping into the room, it seemed like he was the last one to arrive. The rest of their class stood crowded around chatting with one another.

"Hey guys! Ready to go?" He called out.

"Hey Midoriya! Yeah, we were just waiting for you."

Izuku blushed and scratched his cheek. "Sorry about that! I got a little lost in thought while getting ready."

"No worries, dude!"

Izuku slipped into the small crowd of classmates, his eyes drawn towards Katsuki who seemed to have been staring him down intently.

Katsuki who looked amazing.

The anxiety started to bubble back up and he quickly looked towards the ground to avoid his eyes. The group began to shuffle out and Katsuki made his way over to him.

"You look... really nice, dork." He said softly, not wanting the others to overhear and interrupt again.

Izuku looked up at him in surprise. "Really? I thought..."

Katsuki raised an eyebrow at him, confused.

Izuku chewed his lip and decided not to finish that sentence. They were all about to go out and have fun! He wasn't going to bring the mood down with his silly insecurities.

"...Nevermind, heh. You look... really good too."

The two continued the walk in silence, the conversation of the rest of the class overpowering and loud.

Thankfully, the arcade was so close by that the group made it there pretty fast.

Then, almost as soon as they had walked in, the class split up and branched out at alarming speeds.