Chapter 5- Romeo and Juliet

As we were walking and looking at houses deep in our own thoughts, we heard some rattling of metal stuff we instantly stopped and looked around quickly and after that little incident earlier we are just even more alert and what we saw broke our hearts, a girl probably around 6 or 7 infected with the Dark her face covered with Grey and half decayed reminded me of Ruby she seemed to be infected by a leaper her dress torn and ripped apart and her blonde hair dirty and damaged she looked at us and stood there and she started walking towards us with her mouth opening to the unnatural way like others where her cheeked were torn open revealing her completely bloody mouth and sharp teeth coming towards us fast walking Zira couldn't handle it she started sobbing really hard and turned around not able to look at her anymore and I was left to do the deed even though she looks like a small child who ever was in there is long gone leaving a mindless monster behind a tear managed to come out my eyes because she looked really similar to Ruby and she is just so young, this world is so cruel but I had to do what had to be done I pulled my hatchet out and I swung it right on the little girls neck and the body fell down with the head falling next.

  This made Zira sob even harder I put my hatchet away and brought her into the biggest hug I could give her letting her sob on my shoulders and I tried to calm her down as much as I could I tried to let go of her but she just held to me tighter and it made me think that she didn't even want to see the little girl's body by accident and it was getting dark so I asked her if she wanted to go inside the house to our right which she replied to by nodding and I covered her with one of my hands and she was holding on to me with her hands tight around my waist and her face on my shoulder and we walked towards the house and I tried to open the door and it was luckily unlocked so we didn't have to make noise to break it open and kept Zira behind my back while I had my hatchet in my hand and walking in slowly she took her bat and was trying her best to stay composed while we looked around the house and we walked around the house which was a bit dusty but wasn't really bad we went upstairs and pulled open the attic hatch and we went inside to a really dirty attic we had no other choice, lighting a lamp for some better light and I opened the window that was at the very front of the house to let in some fresh air the night cooled the room and it felt nice.

"Soooooo do you wanna talk about it" I asked turning around to see Zira who still looks depressed "Everything is just so unfair and I really don't know for how long I can take this" she says plopping down and supporting herself on the wall, sounding like a whisper
I try my best not to say let's just jump off a cliff, "Hey are you seriously telling me you wanna die?"

 "I guess" she says with a little doubt in her voice,
"Hey look I know it's shitty right now," going close to her and kneeling down, "but it's going to get better trust me plus who's gonna watch my ass for me"
she chuckles a bit one that is pleasant to hear "gee, thanks for the motivational speech Reece" she says with a smile on her face,
"don't mention it" I say with a smile back at her, I stand back up and walk back to the window it's a full moon outside the tress rustling by the cool wind and the creepy vibe made me almost convince myself that a Werewolf is roaming around out there and I don't know how long I stand there just mindlessly staring outside,
"you should get some sleep Reece" Zira says which startles me a little because I thought she was asleep, I turn around to see her with a book in hand reading it,
"hypocrite" I say in a playfully accusing manner for which she smiles like an evil child even though we're best friends I still don't get her reactions to some things, "in a minute", "Okay" she says going back to her book leaving me to my thoughts,
I drift off into thinking about Ruby, and the very first conversation we had

"you read John Green," I ask holding up probably the best book ever written with a harsh truth of reality, "why not?" she says with a smile and looks down a bit I don't know whether she is uncomfortable or shy or both but I give her book back "which major are you taking?", "E. Lit" she responds trying to talk no more than a whisper,
so a book lover, my type "I'm sorry, am I making you uncomfortable? Because you seem to be not at rest" I ask trying to make sure I'm not being weird, "No, no it's not that I'm just nervous around hot guys" she blurbs out, shocking both me and herself she looks at me wide eyed, embarrassed surely, with a scarlet red blush coming on her face, I nervously chuckle trying to make the situation a little less awkward, I knew I was not that bad of a looker but getting a complement like that is something that has never happened before, "I'm Reece" I say holding out a hand, "Rubina but everyone calls be Ruby", "and you blush like one as well" I say trying hard not to make it awkward again, she laughs at it which makes me thankful to god, "hey we should grab a coffee sometime," I say hoping it doesn't sound like a question and more of an idea, she looks at me and smiles "sure when are you free?", "I'm free around 10, how about Mama Rosa's at 10:30?", "oh sure I'll meet you there" she says with a smile and at which I remember I have lecture that my professor would be disappointed if I didn't attend, "sorry I have to go I'll meet you there, bye", "oh yeah sure, bye" and as I walked away with happiness of Romeo when he first met Juliet.

And with that I decide to go to sleep hoping I at least get a dreamless sleep rather than one with Ruby in it.