Chapter 3: Whats Under the House

Start from the beginning

But more recently someone else had been stealing more of his pages, Astrid. He had drawn her countless times even before everything he'd gone through in the past months. There were drawings of her from his memories and some even from his imagination. Some came from very, very, very deep places in his imagination. Hiccup flipped to the newest empty place in his notebook and began to sketch another picture of Astrid, in this drawing she was sitting on the back of her Nadder smiling beautifully as the two soared through the clouds. After around thirty minutes Hiccup blew on the page, blowing off excess charcoal smudges. He smiled thinking of this situation in real life, flying through the air with her again. He could almost feel the wink in his face.

Hiccup looked down onto his drawing and peered into the charcoal eyes of Astrid.

"I'll come back to you one day Astrid." He promised to her even though she was on Berk and he was... on a island, in an empty house, surrounded by dragons, fighting a war that he had fought years ago. Hiccup exhaled and snapped the notebook shut sending a satisfying clap around the quiet room.

Toothless looked up at him. "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." He said and Toothless stood up from his spot and came over to Hiccups side resting his head on his lap. Hiccup patted his head and Toothless cooed.

"Hellooooooo?" Yelled a muffled male voice making Toothless remove his head from Hiccups lap and growl, Hiccup on the other hand just rolled his eyes. He took his helmet from the counter and placed it over his head. This was someone he didn't want to know his identity. Ryker and Vigo where the only ones other than the Berkians that knew who he was beneath the helmet. He didn't know why they didn't spread his name inside and out the Archipeligo but frankly he didn't care. He had more important things to think about.

"I know your up there Night Rider!" Called out the muffled voice again. "I can hear that dragon of yours stomping around!"

Hiccup walked over to a large wardrobe that sat against a wall and opened the doors to it revealing its  contents. Which was... nothing, other than cobwebs. Hiccup pressed on the top left and the bottom right of the back of the wardrobe and they fell inward making so he could grip something. He pulled the back off the wardrobe revealing a hole in the wall that was concealed by the presence of the wardrobe.

"Hellooooo!" The man yelled again this time his voice wasn't as muffled as it had been before. Hiccup jumped into the wardrobe and through the hole in the wall his feet landing on creaky wood. Hiccup plucked a dormant torch from a holder on the wall beside him and held it out the hole for Toothless to light, which he did. Toothless couldn't fit through the hole so Hiccup always went down here alone and he was glad he always was. He didn't want his friend seeing what happened down here.

Hiccup took a step and his foot landed on the first stair and he continued down. After about ten steps the stars turned and they continued down about another twenty steps from there until he reached a medium sized stone room filled with work benches and inventions that he was either working on or had postponed. Along the walls there were racks strewn with tools and there were several armor stands in a corner. Multiple of the armor stands had old versions of his armor hung on it.

There was his first version of his Night Rider armor that had been fashioned from reinforced leather and pieces of metal. That same piece of armor had several scars of itself, multiple of them would line up with scars on his own body. The next version was was completely forged from iron. He had forged it when the first war with the Dragon Hunters began. But he hadn't worn it for long as it gave him very low maneuverability and that had almost cost him his life. Next, there was the set he had finished the war with the Dragon Hunters in, it was the first one comprised of Night Fury scales. But like the other sets and like him, it had its own scars. And finally there was his most recent out dated set of armor. It was the one he had been wearing a few months ago. When he had been shot down, and when he had fought his father, been captured, fought the Queen, and so many other things. It was the armor he had come the closest to death in. The set was incomplete, the chest plate well, Hiccup didn't even know what happened to it, but the helmet he had left on Berk when he had departed for the second time.

Beside all the armor stands there was a particularly large workbench with his newest armor on it. It was incomplete and covered by a blanket. But when it was done it would truly make him into what most Vikings thought he was... un-killable.

On the right side of the room there was a stone arch way which led into a large cavern with a flowing river and something from his first war with the the Dragon Hunters, it had caused a lot of people their lives.

And on the left side of the room there was a metal door that was locked. Out of every room in his house, it was his least favorite. Hiccup approached it and took the key to it off a workbench next to him. Hiccup realized he still had his notebook clutched in his hand so he carelessly tossed it onto a table. He unlocked and opened the metal door and stepped in his torch illuminating the room.

"Why hello." Said the man who's arms were wrapped in chains and shackles  that were fastened to the wall. "It's good to see you again... brother."

(Authors Note)
Sorry it's been so long since an update but I've been busy with another story, and not some Whattpad fanfic but my own actual book! But don't worry, I'm not giving up on the Night Rider it will still be updated. Remember that if you want to see anything in the Night Rider book two go to the conversations on my account and leave a suggestion. I don't really have a plan for this book so input is always helpful! All from me, hope you enjoyed.

P.S. What did you think of this chapter out of 10?
- Samuel Scutter