i. nick & nora/sid & nancy

"this is hell, this is hell i am sorry you to tell you it never gets better or worse"

i am sorry you to tell you
it never gets better or worse"

•••

season two, episode five

emilia chambers walks into the infamous luke's diner to find her best friend and said best friend's mother being ridiculous as always.

"how are the eggs?" rory asks her mother.

"good." Lorelai answers.

"i'm glad." rory quickly responds but continues to stare at her mother as if willing her head to explode.

"they're still good."

"i'm still glad."

emilia decided to interrupt before the egg conversation continued any longer. it was getting unbearable to watch.

"hello my favorite gilmores" rory quickly forgets about her worries of being late and jumps out of her chair to hug emilia.

"woah there ror, still need to breathe." emilia laughs slightly and pats rory on the back to try to get her to let go.

"hi hon, how are you this morning?" Lorelai asks the teen.

emilia is basically living on her own as her father is living with his new family now and her mom is never home and when she is, she's shitfaced and has a man over. luke's and the crap shack are her second homes.

"i'm good, but don't let me stop whatever was happening here before i walked in" emilia smirks as lorelai groans at the look on rory's face.

"look, freak, we will not be late." lorelai tells rory but the girl is too wired to listen to what her mom is telling her.

"it's the first day of school. i wanna get there early." rory retorts to her now annoyed mother.

"we will be there early, i promise." lorelai tells rory, who only looks slightly more pleased than she did a minute before. 

"i have different classes this year, my routes aren't the same. i haven't found the quickest path around. and my locker, they moved it, so i don't even know if it'll work properly and then i'll have to get a new one and god knows how long that will take or where it'll be and that could send the whole day into chaos. i'm just excited." Rory rants to the two.

"yeah clearly." emilia rolls her eyes but is ignored by the two lorelai's.

lane then walks in rambling about some new cd but emilia needs to leave for school and check in with luke about work.