☂ ᎩᎧᏬ ᎴᎧᏁ'Ꮦ ☂

Začít od začátku

"I'm scared." The little girl's voice quivered.

The man said nothing and gave her a little push with his hand. She walked into the dark metal room. The blood from his wound laid on his face visibly and dry. Pogo closed the door. The only light that came through the room was the long line window that looked like a long-john doughnut.

Reginald tried not to get emotional, as he turned away. Little Vanya Hargreeves watched her father walk back to the elevator. She was only four. She didn't understand. Why was he doing this? All she understood, was that she was supposed to stay here.

But she didn't know just how ruined she would be later on.

Vanya gasped. Why? How? She looked at her hands. She was afraid of herself. She felt that there were no choices that proved what might've been. There was no 'might've been'. There was only 'what's to happen'. "Leonard!" She yelled at the top of her voice. "Leonard!" She was hyperventilating. She then caught sight of her violin, and suddenly remembered what Leonard had said. She reached for it.

"Vanya."

"Relax."

"Just concentrate."

"Listen to everything around you."

"What do you hear?"

She stabilized herself as she breathed.

"Let all the other sounds drop away and focus on one."

"Let that one sound resonate in you."

She began to play her sad melody. The one that first chair must master. Her eyes were closed. She let the sounds echo in her ears. The wind picked up once more. The curtains began to flow. The chandelier above her swayed around. It reached the outside world. Stretching beyond the trees. Across the lake.

Everything was falling into place.

***

Allison and Officer Cheddar chatted in the hall. They talked about her experiences. What were her favorite run-ins with other celebrities. What it was like working with Sandra Bullock, and other things. But then the cop was interrupted. "Hey, Dale?" A nurse asked. "Yup?" He answered. "Have you seen Mr. Luntz?"

"No, why?" He was worried now.

"I took him to X-ray, and then he disappeared."

"We... You better let security know. I'll call it in." He spoke.

"Yeah." The nurse away. Allison suddenly stopped her and took out the paper book cover one last time. "Oh, wait, one more thing. Do you recognize this woman?" The nurse took a closer look at it. "Mm. She left with Mr. Peabody this morning."

"Wait, this morning?" Allison said in disbelief. She turned to the cop. "They must've been here when I stopped by the cabin."

"Yeah." He murmured.

"Maybe they went back there. I'm gonna go get my sister."

"Whoa, hold on." He said, stopping her from getting any farther. "We got a missing vic, and this guy might be dangerous. I need you to stay here." He advised and walked away. "Allison frickin' Hargreeves, man, oh, man." He murmured, chuckling.