A Sickly Dream

It was another bright day in the World of Thirteen. In a small part of the woods, a small flock of Piwi was pecking the ground, most likely looking for food. All of a sudden, they were interrupted by a screaming Az who crashed in front of them before flapping his wings and starting to fly again. The piwis watched on in confusion, before you and your friends of adventurers ran by, scaring them.

"Your Enutrof instincts are starting to get out of hand, Ruel!" The Cra girl, known as Evangelyne, said as she and the rest of you ran out of the woods. Currently, you were all running as fast as you could away from something that was caused by Ruel.

Big surprise.

"How was I supposed to know these horrible knickknacks belonged to them?!" Ruel, the elder Enutrof, retaliated as you all kept running for your lives. Behind you, a distant roar was heard followed by barrages of arrows fired at you from the forest.

You look back to see many of them closing in on Amalia and just before you could turn back to save her, her doll jumps up behind her and blocks all the arrows. You sigh in relief, before grabbing Amalia's wrist and her doll and racing off after the others, just as the Orcs chasing you all appeared out of the woods.

"Looks like they like useless junk more than I do!" Ruel says as he looks over his shoulder at the Orcs.

"Maybe next time, you should try asking before taking something!" Eva suggests to the Enutrof, which only earns her a look from you. She notices and groans. "I know, I know. He's an Enutrof. I might as well have told him to do the impossible."

"To an Enutrof, that is the impossible." You remark as you all run down a steep hill towards a patch of roses. Just before you reach them, you look back and notice something off. "Hold on a minute!" You skid to a halt, the others following suit when they see you stop. "Why did they stop?" Looking back up the hill, the others see the Orcs stopped up at the top of the hill.

As if to answer your question, Amalia gets a shocking sensation and quickly calls out to you all. "No one move!" Immediately, you all freeze and look back at Amalia. "This is a demonic rose patch. One bite from them can make you go crazy. Or worse... kill you." She whispers as she tries not to wake any of them up. You all remain immobile and quiet trying to do the same.

However, as though good luck was not on your side, a small butterfly flew around all of you before it landed on your nose. "Oh no..." You all collectively thought, as your nose began to itch and started to turn into a sneeze slowly. "Aaa... Aaaa..." You started, trying to hold it in, as everyone else watched on in anticipation and fear. Soon, it went away making you all sigh in relief.

"Achoo!"

Then it came back.

The sound of your sneeze had woken up all the demonic roses around you. They look up at each of you and smile wickedly as they slowly begin to make their way toward you. You look back over your shoulder to see everyone giving either dumbfounded looks or glares of hatred. You look away in embarrassment with a nervous chuckle.

One group of roses tries to attack Percedal, but he manages to prevent being bitten by slashing them all into pieces. Another group headed towards Ruel, but he used his shovel to create a shockwave and zap them all away. Yugo uses his portals to throw the ones coming at him at other roses. Eva fires her arrows at the ones in front of her but is too focused on them to notice the group coming up from behind her. Just before they could touch her, a tornado spun its way around Eva and destroyed the Roses, protecting her.

She turns to see you stop spinning and cover her back. And as grateful as she was, she was still upset with you. "If we get out of this, I will pummel you to a pulp!" She threatens you with a glare over her shoulder.