Chapter 57

Averys Pov:

We're now in the waiting room, waiting to get any news from the doctors about Victoria.

I called her mom as soon as we got here and she'll be here any minute.

Speaking of the devil..

"What happend?! Is Victoria okay?" Cara asks worriedly as she rushes over to us.

As soon as I get up to talk to her she hugs me tightly.

"I'm so sorry, sweetie. It must've been horrible seeing her in that accident." She says and my body relaxes and I hug her back.

"I'm so scared." I mumble as I bury my face in her shoulder.

"I know you are. We all are."

"Have there been news from the doctor?" She asks but I shake my head.

"Um..excuse me." We hear someone as they clear their throat.

So we pull away from each other to look at the doctor.

"Are you my daughter's doctor? How is she?" Cara asks with a worried face as she takes my hand.

"Yes I am. Your daughter is stable and on her way to surgery. She has a broken leg and some broken ribs. But what concerns us is that she has a brain bleed and a open skull fracture. Our surgeons will take care of that as soon as they can but operating on the brain is always dangerous." The doctor says, on which I hold onto Caras hand tighter.

"How..How long will take the surgery?" She asks and he sighs.

"We don't know the exact time. It could be only a few hours or up to five ." He answers and I lay my head against Caras shoulder.

"I'll be updating you about every hour." He adds and then gives us a small smile before leaving.

"She'll be okay, right? She has to." I say nervously, making Cara look at me.

"Victoria is a fighter, we both know that. She'll get through this too." She replies with a reassuring smile.

"Christmas is in a week. It's our first Christmas together. We wanted to spend it together, with both of our families. We didn't even get to ask you guys yet.." I reply while smiling back sadly.

"I'll handle that we can do that. But for now..don't think about that. Only good thoughts."

*****

A few hours have gone by and still no news about Victoria. I'm really scared.

But then suddenly the doctor walks towards us. His face is neutral, so no idea if he has good or bad news.

Cara and I get up immediately, waiting for him to speak up.

"Her surgery went well." He says, making us all sigh in relief.

I glance back at Maya and Zara and they're hugging. I smile at that and then turn back to the doctor.

"But..she's in a coma, for now. She'll get out of it but we don't know when. Could take only a few hours or maybe even weeks. And we don't know if there might have been some complications we didn't notice, so we'll keep an eye on her." The doctor adds and Cara slowly nods while wrapping her arm around me.

"Can we see her?" I ask and he nods with a small smile.

"Of course, follow me." He says and we do as he says.

We walk through the hallways and then stop at a door. The doctor opens it for us and leaves as we go inside.

As soon as I see her laying in the bed I rush over to her. I carefully place my hand and stare down at her while brushing my thumb over her cheek.

"I'm so sorry, baby." I mumble and then lean down to kiss her head.

"Avery." I hear Maya call me, which makes me turn around to look at her.

"We should tell Connor." She says and I sigh deeply while nodding.

"I know."