♢MC x Valdemar - See You Again♢

Start from the beginning

The Countess brought the newest edition of the palace staff to the dining hall to introduce them to the other courtiers over dinner.

As MC entered, their eyes swept the room, and they saw nothing of note. That is until the Countess so courteously introduced each member.

"And this is the head physician of the court, Valdemar," Nadia concluded.

MC nearly spat out their wine upon hearing the name.

Memories of their childhood flooded back in an instant, followed by memories of their untimely demise.

With emotions swelling deep, MC quickly finished their food and excused themselves as being tired from their travels.

After retiring to their room, MC's mind could not stop racing.

Valdemar had no reaction to MC's name or appearance. While Valdemar had changed significantly over the thousands of years, MC kept their appearance rather similar.

Surely over the coming days, Valdemar would recognize MC, right?

Days pass and nothing changes. 

MC, greedy for friendship and their past soulmate, decided to take matters into their own hands and approach Valdemar themself.

Deep beneath the palace, MC crept, down the winding stairs to the dungeons where doctors had once worked tirelessly to treat patients of the Red Plague.

There, in the middle of the room stood Valdemar, upon the operating platform.

"Valdemar, may I speak with you?" MC asked, entering the room.

The doctor turned around and said nothing.

"It's been a while," MC continued. "I'm so glad to see you again."

Valdemar's face wrinkled in confusion.

"It's been three days since we've met. Why the sentiment?"

MC's heart sunk.

"You don't remember me?"

"Have we met?"

MC sighed, blinking back tears. "I suppose it's been a few thousand years..."

Shock crossed the doctor's face. How did they know they were that old? Who were they? Another demon? When did they meet?

"Excuse me, do I know you?" They asked curiously.

"Valdemar, it's me, MC. We were best of friends when we were kids?" MC prompted.

"I don't remember my mortal life," the other courtier stated blankly.

"How you have changed. You leave me to die alone in a plague, then become obsessed with the very thing that you ran from? How cold-hearted you've become."

Valdemar stared blankly past MC as if looking through them.

Images of a H/C person laughing as the wind blew through their hair flashed through their mind. Then that same person sat across from Valdemar smiling, a glass of wine in hand, stars twinkling overhead. Then their body, sprawled over the bed, blood, running from their open mouth, a look of agony on their features. The familiar smell of decay in the air. They looked down, a spell and a jar of herbs in their own hand. A spell to pause a person's life.

MC looked at Valdemar, tears running down the doctor's face as if they didn't even notice they were crying.

"Valdemar," MC said, stepping forward.

The doctor said nothing but rushed out the door, leaving MC alone once again.

For three weeks Valdemar was nowhere to be found. Not at work, not in the dungeons, nowhere,

MC was standing over their desk, sorting through some paperwork, not paying any mind to their surroundings when a pair of arms snaked around from behind and held them tight against someone's chest.

A head buried itself in the crook of MC's neck.

"MC," Valdemar whispered. "I remember. And I am so so sorry."

MC turned around to face the courtier, wrapping their own arms around them.

After their reunion, Valdemar and MC reconnected. They cleared the air, shared their truths with the other, and rekindled their friendship.

They even challenged the Devil himself, freeing themselves from his chains, releasing their souls to heal within the realm of the arcane.

As the sands of time turn, everything must come to pass. Even the Major Arcana will come and go. Nothing is forever, nothing stays the same.

Nothing but true love, one that is so deeply connected within each person will last, even if that love is platonic and rooted in friendship.

It is said that anyone who passes through the realms of the Arcana can find the lovers, a pair of best friends so connected that even thousands of years of erosion couldn't keep them apart.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hello again! Sorry that it's been a while since my last update, school's been super busy, especially this spring/summer term.

I have more drafts in the works, so there will be more stories to come.

Thank you so much for reading, I hope this story was alright!

-Fandoms <3