𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 3

*𝘚𝘈𝘚𝘜𝘒𝘌'𝘚 𝘗𝘖𝘝*

*𝘚𝘈𝘚𝘜𝘒𝘌'𝘚 𝘗𝘖𝘝*

I shouted out the Hyuuga's name but she was engulfed into the Earth before I could reach her.

I wondered to myself what Genjutsu this person had that simply controlled the earth.

I kept observant and tried to flex my brain to think of a solution. I was ordered to bring the Hyuuga back on any circumstances but I had already failed half a day into the mission.

Another rumbling of the ground occured and I prepped my feet to jump out of my way but the soil had already locked my feet down. The ground created an opening and I was dragged down, unable to grab a hold of anything within reach.

Almost immediately, I was engulfed in a darkness that was all to familiar with me. A glimmer of light in the distance caught my attention as it grew in branches to reveal a glowing blossom tree.

My feet were released from the - now invisible - dirt. A Konoha grave stone was set under a thick branch, showered with petals.

A flame burnt next to an incense stick that was untouched and layed across the flat slate of the grave. My feet felt a lot lighter and the tree pulled me in, my  body moving on it's own. I sat infront of the grave but the name was faded out in black.

This puzzled me but my instincts lead me to light the stick up and blow it out, the smoke disappearing into the flowers of the tree.

I placed it into the stand and slowly the name was fading onto the inscription.

𝖭𝖾𝗃𝗂 𝖧𝗒𝗎𝗎𝗀𝖺

I had heard of the young male's death in prison but It still gave me a little shock. The Hyuuga who looked down on the Main families Heir was dead himself.

A rolled up scroll appeared at my feet and my curiosity bestowed it upon me to open it.

𝐷𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝑈𝑐ℎ𝑖ℎ𝑎,

𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑤𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑓𝑢𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑚𝑦 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑠𝑖𝑛 , 𝐻𝑖𝑛𝑎𝑡𝑎 𝑝𝑟𝑖𝑜𝑟 𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑦 𝑑𝑒𝑎𝑡ℎ. 𝐼 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑓𝑎𝑣𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑡𝑜 𝑎𝑠𝑘 𝑜𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢, 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑎𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑟 ℎ𝑒𝑟. 𝑆ℎ𝑒'𝑠 𝑠𝑡𝑢𝑏𝑏𝑜𝑟𝑛 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑎𝑙𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑠 𝑖𝑛𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑛𝑡 𝑜𝑓 ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑓. 𝐼𝑡 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑎 𝑓𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝐼 𝑠𝑢𝑓𝑓𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑤𝑎𝑡𝑐ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑎𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑖𝑡. 𝑆𝑎𝑣𝑒 ℎ𝑒𝑟. 𝑆ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑚𝑦 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝑡𝑜 𝑙𝑖𝑣𝑒, 𝐼'𝑚 𝑠𝑢𝑟𝑒 𝑠ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑠.

𝑆𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑙𝑦,
𝑁𝑒𝑗𝑖 𝐻𝑦𝑢𝑢𝑔𝑎

As I let the last word roll of my tongue, the scroll perished in ashes and the tree sunk into the blackened ground.

Within a blink of an eye, I was back where I started.The sky had already turned dark and we heard the owls of the night take their stance.

I looked down to face the Hyuuga, who looked as surprised as I was.

"Your not hurt?" I asked, not asking about what had happened with her.

She nodded her head and took the lead, I followed after her curiously.

She activated her Byakugan and turned back to me, pointing North. "There's a cave we can rest in for the night."

I lit up the stack of branches that were probably left there by passing travelers.

The warmth burnt my skin lightly and I sat again one of the walls.

Hinata sat crossed legged against the one opposite me, leaning her head back .

"Uchiha.."

"Sasuke." I corrected the lilac haired.

She faulted slightly, "Sasuke-kun, what do you think of our friends and where they are now?" She looked sideways and into the darkness outside.

"They moved on, like they were fated to."  I replied. It was true. Every decision they had made led them to this future they wanted. One they were satisfied with.

"Well why haven't I gotten my 'happy ending'?" She asked, her eyes reflecting the moon.

I didn't reply. I didn't know what to say. For once, I was confused. We sat in silence and she finally broke her gaze, standing up.

"Goodnight Sasuke-kun."

I nodded. Feeling a little hopeless. Neji's letter kept coming to mind and I gave up too. Eventually falling asleep to the sound of the crackling flames.

~

I awoke to the sound of Hinata packing away our belongings. She looked up to see my gaze.

"Morning Uchiha-San , sorry if I woke you up."

I shaked my head and got up, stretching for a few seconds.

With her Bayakugan activated, she spied something in the north.
"There is a small village we can visit 2 kilometers ahead, we can get some information about our target hopefully and Some supplies. We eat a lot more than I suspected."

"Oh thank the heavens for that." I said without thinking, exaggerating it slightly.

The hyuuga looked at me and broke a little chuckle , which grew into a large laugh.

My heart fluttered for a second as I observed her. This feeling. It felt.. warm.

Hinata wiped her tears and apologised, "I'm sorry, I haven't heard you say something so presumptuous since our academy days."

I shaked my head. It felt so easy to be..open with her. She didn't have any expectations of me. Nothing to judge about me. She wanted the best.

Neji..I will prevent whatever it is you saw..if it means I can see her smile again and again.