Chapter 67 - The Dragon Descends

Start from the beginning

Someone strong. Someone capable of defeating our Boss... Immediately, the image of three couples had popped in the female ghost's mind. Nu Wang was stunned at her own thought. She gritted her teeth, then decided. No matter what, Boss must die.

*****

Nobody knew how it happened.

The next day, a scream ripped through Cang Qiong Mountain. "Peak Master Shen! A female ghost with a lady demonic cultivator wants to see you!" The maidservant was running in a hurry, and almost tripped over a fruit vine. Thankfully, she did not, and got the message across.

A tea cup was shattered indignantly, inside Luo Binghe's hand.

"Hah? So our enemies have sent themselves to their death?" He laughed.

Instead, Xie Lian shook his head. "Something doesn't seem right. It's only Yi Ran and Nu Wang? What about Bo Fan, the demon?"

Wei Wuxian nodded. "You're right. That doesn't make sense."

They looked at one another, and didn't know what to do. Lan Zhan raised his eyebrows, "We should go check out the situation." The three couples agreed with HanGuang-Jun's deduction, and decided to venture out of their bamboo hut.

When they arrived at the scene, they saw two battered women.

Yi Ran was groggy. She was awake, and yet, she appeared haggard—as if she was half-dead.

Meanwhile, the real dead one was Nu Wang. The female ghost wore a pleading expression on her face, as if what she was about to do had her life on the line.

"Are you looking for a fight?" Luo Binghe huffed.

"We can give you a fight." Hua Cheng sneered.

Nu Wang shook her head. "We're not looking for a fight. We want... your help." The latter of the sentence had caught the three couples off guard. They stared at the female ghost, as if she was growing horns out from her head.

"...are you serious?" Shen Qingqiu was exasperated.

Nu Wang's eyes didn't seem to lie. She held her breath, then continued. "Bo Fan, he... he died from our Boss. We want to... we want to avenge him, and kill Boss."

The three couples were shocked at the news. The puppets are rebelling?

"What makes you think that we'll trust you?" Wei Wuxian's eyes narrowed. "You've attempted to kill Cang Qiong Mountain, Yunmeng Jiang, Square Town, and the Four Great Clans. What makes you think you're qualified to ask help from us?"

Nu Wang shrunk. Those were all Boss' orders.

However, she just sat there and said nothing. After all, she couldn't openly refute anything of what Wei Wuxian said.

"Please..." All of a sudden, Nu Wang placed her head on the cobblestone ground. She kowtowed, and banged her forehead on the ground. "I beg you to help us." She continued to bang her head. There was no blood, but from the harsh sounds of contact, one could imagine how much pain the female ghost had experienced.

The three couples didn't know how to respond.

"We need your help..." Nu Wang begged. "Please help us stop our Boss from summoning the ancient dragon. Please help us kill him. We have the same goal. We want to avenge Bo Fan. Please help us..."