thirty-four

BRIELLE

"Do I look okay?" I ask for the hundredth time as I stand in front of the mirror, waving my dress around.

The dress in question, is a cream coloured, strapless, corset dress from Oh Polly.

Grayson stands behind me, dressed in black suit pants, black shoes and a white button up shirt. The top buttons, are obviously undone.

He looks hot.

"Baby you look beautiful," Gray starts, looking me up and down in the mirror.

"It's taking all I've got to not come and kiss your fucking face off right now."

"Good," I snort and he frowns, "My makeup would be ruined."

"No your lipstick will be ruined," He attempts, raising an eyebrow in my direction.

I sigh, "Yes, but then I'll have to re-do it. And then it will most likely be all around my lips and I can't be dealing with that."

"I'm too stressed as it is," I huff, playing with my hair over and over again.

"Be spontaneous babe," Graybear laughs, running a hand through his damp but messy hair.

Ever since we got into this hotel room, it's been chaotic, clothes everywhere, hair stuff everywhere, makeup everywhere. Stuff just you guessed it- everywhere.

And it feels like I haven't even had a second to breathe.

I would of if Candice hadn't put me up to the job of being her maid of honor. And her only fucking bridesmaid.

And then saying it would surprise Charles, as if he hadn't sent the fucking invites. He's the only one who knows where we live.

But it was nice that she was going to ask me anyway to try and include me, but I won't lie. It did hurt a little to find out he only ever mentioned Ben and not me.

"After the wedding," I reply and he rolls his eyes, slapping my arse, before walking out.

I'm pretty sure he hit it so hard that nearly everyone on this floor heard, including the loud gasp I made. Actually, I take that back.

Apparently all the rooms are soundproof, wooo.

"Dammit Grayson," I cry out, holding my backside as he walks off, laughing.

"That really hurt."

~~~

I'm panicking.

Like real panicking.

The wedding starts in two minutes, and Candice isn't here yet.

Apparently she's on her way down, even though I feel like I've just been stood up. But no, the makeup artist who took all my makeup off only to re-do it comes running after the bride.

My mouth drops, she looks beautiful.

Candice's smooth skin glistens from the top of her dress. Half of her hair is in curls while the other half is in small french braids at the top.