Are you asking me out on a date?

For a while he had been listening to her calm and gentle breath, he must himself have fallen asleep next to her. As he was looking out the window, he could see dawn breaking behind the rooftops of the buildings on the other side of the street. It was about time he headed back home.
Quietly he got up, so as not to wake her, started gathering his clothes back off the floor and got dressed. His underpants, his pants, shirt, his socks. Then he heard her low, raspy voice from the other side of the bed: „Why is it with you, Rogers, that you just never stay for breakfast?"
He looked over at her and saw her turn around to face him, stretching and yawning, the sheets barely covering her naked body that almost seemed aglow under the light of the streetlamp shining into her window. God, she was beautiful!

He smiled, leaned over and cupped one of her breasts in his hand, bowing down, gently caressing the soft skin with his lips and tongue. She moaned softly, arched her back and ran her fingers through his hair. „Please stay..."
„I can't. It's my first day on the new job, and you know Weaver loves to start early. I can't be late, and I also can't come to work in my clothes from yesterday. I finally get to ditch this uniform and play with the big boys, and I don't want to wait another day to make it happen."
She let out a sigh that slowly turned into a purr as he donned his final piece of clothing, his police jacket.
„It really is a shame though, you know how much that uniform turns me on, especially with you in it."
She sat up and climbed onto his lap, straddling him, he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close, knowing too well that the badges on his jacket would be ice cold against her naked skin.
„Screw you, Rogers!", she winced, he just smiled.
„Nah, I'd rather leave that to you, love, you do it best. And don't worry, I get to keep my uniform. So I can use it for, let's call it, personal pleasure, whenever I like. And oh, do you remember where I left my hand?"

She reached for it on her nightstand and put it next to him on the bed, then nestled up to him and started kissing and sucking on his neck, reaching between his legs to distract him. When he finally realized what was going on, it was already too late.
„Roni! Did you... did you give me a hickie??"
She looked at him with the biggest, brownest Bambi eyes. „Maybe... maybe not."
She ran her thumb over the dark red spot that was shining through the stubble of his beard. Not her best work to date. Not her worst either.
„Come on, how old are you, thirteen? What are my colleagues going to think?"
„Well, at least like that Weaver knows right away that you have someone waiting for you. Someone who cares about you."
She got up now, reached for a hoodie and put it on, then she walked over to the window and opened it. She sat down on the windowsill, took a pack of cigarettes and lit one up, blowing the smoke into the fresh early morning air of Seattle. The subway was rattling by.

„You be careful with that man. Promise me?"
He couldn't help but shoot her a cocky smile as he was tying up his boots. „Are you worried about me?"
„Don't make fun of this, Rogers. You know I am."
He stood up, walked over to her, lay his hand on her cheek and kissed her, tasting the fresh cigarette smoke on his tongue. Then he cleared his throat. „Hey, uhm, speaking of... I know we've tried this before... dating... and we decided it wasn't for us at the time. But I was wondering, now... maybe now it would be worth giving it another shot?"
„Is that your very clumsy way of asking me out on a date?"
„If it was, would you say Yes?"
„If we went on date before having sex, would you stay for breakfast?"
He laughed, then nodded. „I might be able to arrange that."
She took another pull from her cigarette and blew out the smoke in the opposite direction, then she replied with a smirk: „Pick me up tomorrow night at eight. I'll close the bar early. Don't be late!"