Chapter Fifteen

Iris was running fast, hating it, but the rush and the thrill and the excitement overtook her hate for the running.

The Doctor laughed while also running past as Rose chuckled behind.

The Doctor had it easy with his vans, Rose and Iris on the other hand.... Ankles could be broken or rather so Iris thought at some point she and Rose took their heels off and threw them away no time to run and hold shoes while trying to keep a skirt up.

"Wait." Rose stopped her hands on her upper thighs bent slightly trying to breathe.

"How does anyone run in this thing? Let alone breathe." She rolled her head back and laughed.

Iris laughed, "I have no idea." She stopped to take a breath as well.

The Doctor was the only one not changed, or came down to it and he 'couldn't' find the right thing to wear. He opted for his usual outfit. No one had any time to object.

"Common before they find us." The Doctor warned. "They'll be on our trail."

Rose turned as distant shouting could be heard. "I don't see what the big deal is. It's a Ball. We were dressed for a Ball. You used the psychic paper to get in. I don't understand how they ever found out we weren't meant to be there." She wondered thinking that was the reason, breathing heavily, her heart thudding in her chest.

Iris turns a shade of red, already flushed from the running, now embarrassment washes over her.

"I'm sorry..." she admits. "The 'King' was talking with me." She rolled her eyes. Feeling that same sick feeling wash over her as before. Taken the thrill and excitement from running from the king's Guards away.

Snow's Father was young, very young; he had just been appointed the Throne. After his own father was killed in battle, he stupidly decided to attend. The new King must have been in his late thirties give or take.

He saw Iris, in her luxury purple embroidery beading vintage ball gown underneath a corset that strangled her lungs.

Her hair was done in a Dual Braided Bun, and he saw her. Despite the large age gap, he approached Iris.

Her stomach churned sickeningly when a hand was pressed on her shoulder. 'Excuse me.' She turned to the smile.

'I'm King Leopold, would a beautiful young thing like you wish to dance?'

Her mouth had fallen open a little and she had gulped, 'Yes.' She found herself saying uncertain she could decline the King's Offer.

He had taken her hand in hers and led her to the Dance floor, The Doctor had noticed, and stared towards the both of them.

Something within told him to keep an eye. Even if it was cutting off mid conversation with Rose.

'Doctor? Doctor?' She tapped his shoulder annoyed and turned to where he was looking. She studied Both Iris and the King for a moment and then the Doctor, seeing a protective look in his eyes for the young girl, almost Fatherly-like.

She was unsure if it was completely towards the girl or the fact the King was dancing with a very young girl.

She turned back to Iris and the King and also kept an eye.

The King had taken Iris' left hand in his. His right hand behind her lower back making her right hand rest on his chest.

She felt uncomfortable to say the least. 'So? What's your name ?' The King had asked.

'Iris' she said back.

'What a lovely name, what a lovely name to have, you'll do Fine.' He smiled.