Prologue

1993
(just born)

As dawn appeared a 16 year old girl just gave birth to her beautiful daughter.
She was everything the teen girl imagined and more.

Her beautiful daughter.

 Her  lifeline.

She called to her mother. " Ma isn't she pretty?" the old lady had tears in her eyes. "Yes beta she is really pretty. Are you sure you want to give her up?" asked her mother not sure about her daughters decision.

The younger girl frowned. She had totally forgotten about that. Holding her little pari for the first time made her forget about all the difficulties  she had in her life. She was sure abut her decision hours before going to labor but after the joy she felt  carrying her daughter for few minutes she didn't want to loose that joy willingly.

She'll be able to go through it. 

She is strong. She has her mother with her. 

She is a Randhawa and Randhawas don't give up.

"No ma I'm keeping her." 

"Thank God" the lady replied. "What's her name?"

"Riya Inayaat Randhawa."

1998
(5 years)

A 5 year old girl was sitting with her friend in her backyard.

"Elena you'll not be able to catch the butterfly." said the Indian girl.

"Silly! Try , try until you-" the Gilbert girl was interrupted by her friend. "Cry?" asked Riya. Elena face palmed and replied "No silly! succeed."

After trying for five minutes Elena failed in catching the butterfly as it flew away. "I think it is cry." said Riya teasingly. Elena looked at her and poked her tongue out.

"As you are not able to catch a butterfly, I'll call you that- Butterfly." decided Riya.

Little Elena put her fingers of her chin pretending like she was thinking and then replied with "I'll  call you sugar. Because you had so much sugar for your breakfast."

Both the girls grinned and screamed "Sugar and Butterfly" in unison.

2007

(14 years)

"MA!! MA!! What is happening to me?" 

The two older Randhawa women heard ear splitting scream from their parlor. And soon realized that it was from Riya.

As the two women reached  their parlor they saw the most horrifying scene ever. Their little pari was in pain. Her bones were breaking. Her clothes were ripped apart. She was turning into a wolf. The elder women came into a quick realization that Riya's father was a werewolf. They had to act quickly.

"Riya listen to me. You are going to be a werewolf. Keep an anchor sweety, it will keep you human." said Sitara. 

Riya nodded and looked at her mom and grandma before she turned completely into a wolf. She was able to keep her cool and humanity intact because her anchor was strong.

The older women kept a brave front for  Riya and made a silent decision to contact Mason Lockwood after the full moon.

When the dawn came the women in the parlor woke up to a girls broken cry. There was Riya naked in the corner of  their parlor. Seetha went and got some food and blanket for her granddaughter while Sitara hugged the shivering girl and whispered sweet nothings to her.

"Anchor Kya tha? bahut strong thi." asked Sitara. (What was the anchor? it was very strong.)

The girl looked up and saw her mom and grandma and replied "Aap dono." (You two)

2008(15 years)

2008
(15 years)

"We are witches. Your grandma didn't know that as your great grandma didn't want her involved in mystical things. But ma didn't want that for me. So she gave me a choice. The rules of our coven our simple- you are 15 you get your magic through rituals it is like nature is gifting you and 18 you claim your leadership over the coven or give up your magic and live a mundane life. So ?" said Sitara.

"Magic" replied Riya.