I laid over the hospital bed with an IV attached to my skin. "I don't know how it happened. I was just around, walking that evening and suddenly a wolf came and attacked me." I explained, giving her the barest of it so she couldn't worry too much. "It just happened. I didn't want you to be worried about me so I didn't tell you. I thought I was healing fine." I placed my free hand over my stomach while a tear fell down my cheek.

I thought.

"Oh, baby, I'm so sorry." She clasped me in her arms as I cried on her shoulders.

The pain was almost gone. The painkillers really helped along with the IV's the doctor had given me. He informed that the bite had turned into an infection and it would take a while before it could completely heal. I needed to be careful about it. There was also something odd the doctor mentioned.

The wolf's bite would cause your mood to change a few times in the next couple of weeks.

I couldn't well understand what he was trying to mean. It was just a wolf's bite. That's all.

"I'm feeling a lot better now," I said, moving back and wiping my tears. "I think I can go home and rest. I don't really like the atmosphere of hospitals." I continued while keeping Aunt Carol in my thoughts. I didn't want the hospital bill to rack up. It would cause a whole other tension.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Yes."

"Well, I will try talking to the doctor. If he can discharge you then we can go home together. But, you have to promise me you'll rest until the wound is completely healed and there is nothing left except for a scar." She held my hand tightly and waited.

"I promise."

"Good."

As she left the room, my phone began ringing. I waited for the door to close before attending to the random call. It was common for me to get calls from strangers. Most of them were people I had owed money to.

Building up courage, I attended the call and said, "Hello?"

"Hello." It wasn't a stranger. It was King Emerson.

I pulled the phone away from my ears and glanced at the number. It wasn't the same one he hadn't given me at the event I worked at three days ago. It was a different one. Curiously, I placed the phone back on my ear and continued.

"How are you?"

I looked down at myself and then stared back up at the white walls of the hospital. "Been better," I rubbed my forehead and shook my head. Where were my manners? "I'm sorry. I've been feeling a little cranky for the past few days. You were right about taking rest."

"Just checking up on how you're feeling since our last interaction." He trailed off.

"Better now." I said the truth. Coming to the hospital and getting checked up one more time was a great decision and I couldn't thank Aunt Carol enough for dragging me here.

"I got carried away with a few things but if you're feeling fine now, I hope we can continue where we last left off. I know I was abrupt in leaving and I apologize for that. Wounds—blood—they sort of make me nauseous." King explained, his voice strong and intimidating. Just listening to it made all those feelings from that night return back to my stomach.

"I would love to!"

"Really?"

"Yes." A smile appeared over my face and I couldn't control it.

"Well if you're free tomorrow evening—" He was asking me on a date. "I could show some places around here that you have never seen." He continued, his tone full of hesitation. It caught me off guard. Why did he want a date with me? With a town girl? It was odd.

I didn't think much about it. "Of course. Though, I believe I've seen everything around here."

"Not the hidden spots." He argued.

Even those.

"Maybe." I shrugged, not knowing what he was talking about.

Throughout all the years I had stayed here with Aunt Carol, I had explored the entire town with my bare feet. I rolled my eyes. Maybe there was something I hadn't seen.

"Well, I'll pick you up at five."

"You don't have my address." My cheeks had now turned into a dark shade of red. Little tingles spread through all over my body and I couldn't control the excitement of my heart. Ugh. Why? Why was I feeling like this?

King was a billionaire who was visiting the town to merely find something. He couldn't like me or want me in any way. We had a little connection at the Mayor's house but it was gone as soon as he saw the awful bandaid on my waist.

"It's a small town, Eos. I can get everything I need." He stated in a strong voice.

What if he was married?

I gave my head a quick shake to brush away the thoughts that had conquered my curious mind. "Fine. I'll see you tomorrow. Goodbye."

Read up to Chapter 45 on Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr