Chapter Sixty Seven

Começar do início

"Nico stop...tickling me" Kate breathes, and I just smirk.

These two had this coming.

Turning from where I stood I got onto the tube followed by Olivia running and jumping towards me before I carefully caught her, allowing her to sit down beside me.

As she did the boat began moving again, pulling all three tubes across the lake, which very quickly turned into all of us laughing as we were all but thrown around, skidding across the water even became fun as me and Olivia took turns attempting to purposefully flip the tube, which we eventually succeeded when leaning back far enough dumping both of us into the lake.

Swimming up and breaking the surface I swept my hair off my face seconds before Olivia came up before laughing.

"I think that was an effort for both of us" she laughs.

"No definitely not" I jokingly says and she rolls her eyes as Kate turns the boat around to come back and get us.

As the yacht pulled up beside us we climbed up onto the swim deck before being greeted by Nico.

"We're pulling them back to the pier anyways so you two bailed at the right time" he says handing each of us a towel.

"Sounds like fun" I say walking upstairs to join him and Kate.

Sitting down I took my can and began finishing off what was left in it, while Kate drove us back to the beach house.

When we got there I gave her directions on how to dock it in the right spot so that the hull wouldn't be scraped, or damaged by the sandy lake bed.

Nico on the other hand was bringing in the tubes and drying and deflating them while the effort to take everything back inside began.

Lowering the sails I tied them at their stored position, and made sure that the ropes were well secured.

"Adrian" Nico called over to me as I walked back up the gangplank.

"Nico" I reply moving towards him.

"You tied these really fucking tight" he mutters, and I pick up the tubes untying them all one by one.

"That had been the point, make sure Hunter brings the bottle of Champagne he brought" I say.

"On it" Nico replies heading towards the aft section to do as I had asked.

An hour later everything was where it should be and I had gone upstairs to have a shower, both to warm me up, and to rid myself of the bacteria in the lake water.

Leaning forward which caused the water to run over my back, with my hands on the stone tiles in front of me I began thinking about whether or not there had been any leads about the people who were behind the ousting of me from the head of Thornbrook, along with Olivia.

It's a petty thing, but even petty disputes at Thornbrook had the capability of turning into massive libel cases, and it was even known even though it was rare that people had committed suicide from what happened, and I didn't even want to imagine something like this reaching that level, but the only way to ensure it doesn't is to stop it before it has the chance to bloom into something much bigger then it already is.

I then hear a knock and it breaks me out of my deep thoughts.

"Come in" I say looking up and pulling the curtain slightly to see Olivia.

"You alright?" she asks likely being able to tell just from my expression something's wrong.

"I'm fine" I reply but she doesn't look convinced, as she walks over to the other side of the curtain and steps inside where the water wasn't reaching.

"Look at me" she states and I do, looking down at her, and blocking the water from getting anywhere near where she stood.

"You're thinking about something, I can tell" Olivia says letting her bottom lip roll over her teeth. "What is it?" she whispers.

"I'm scared, not for myself but you, with that plan those two people have, I don't want to see you get taken away from me again, I can't lose you because without you I'm nothing, and the whole fucking world knows that" I sigh lowering my head in the event I cry thinking about the premise of her being taken again.

"Adrian" she says softly while lifting my head and I can feel tears prick my eyes a split second before I blink them away. "You know it's not good to hold in anything you're allowed to cry it's just me".

Exhaling I pull her gently towards me and she willingly rests against me while I stand there and for the first time Olivia sees me cry as we both stand holding one another while water begins to run down my skin and soak into her shirt.

"I can't lose you bellissima, ever again" I say barely being able to get the words out.

"I'm not going anywhere" she says and I take my hand off of her back to wipe away my tears.

"You better not" I mutter just above a whisper.

She doesn't say anything but from how she hugs me tighter tells me that she has.

When I let her go she steps back before letting out a laugh when she looks down at herself.

"I'm soaked" she muses, and I smirk.

"You should change so you don't get cold" I say regaining my bearings.

"I probably should" Olivia says pulling the curtain a little bit.

"You alright now?".

"Yes, now out you go so I can get dressed" I say and she laughs as she walks back to the door.

"I've seen you nude several times" she reminds me and I just shake my head even though I know she can't see me.

"That's not the point" I muse shutting the water off and stepping out just as the door closes.

I then pull on the clothing I had set on the shelf in the bathroom for when I got out, and let my hair air dry.

Walking out of the bathroom, I walk across the room to my book shelf and pick up the book I had left partially read, and moved to my bed.

Leaning on the back of the headboard with my pillow behind me I opened the book, and sat with my right leg bent before resting my arm over it to flip pages as I read, and with time I slowly became more and more amerced in the book while a steady rain beats on the outside window, while everyone else likely packed to head back to New York in a few hours.

Alright next chapter is going to be prom so get ready for the nearing finale of this book but not the series there's two more to go and a prequel if y'all want it. Comment, vote, and share, also maybe go check out the new character aesthetics for every book so far maybe even re read idk I'll leave it to you. Anyways

Peace✌