ninety.

a day of forgiveness

~~~~~

Anastasia was in her office the next day, trying to put past all the thoughts spinning through her mind about the past dinner.

She mainly wondered about what had happened during the time she had left to take the call. Her sons had told her some of it, but it still felt like she was missing some information.

She also wondered about her father. She wondered how he was doing. She had called him multiple times, but had been sent to voicemail each time. He never did that unless something was truly bothering him more than the normal amount. But she decided to give him some like she normally did.

Lastly, she wondered about her grandfather. It was honestly odd to her to even think of God as her grandfather. To her, that term meant nothing. It was just a familial relation--blood and that was it. To others, like her students at the school, it meant more. It meant that the person had been there for him and had been a part of their life and made an impact on them.

Anastasia internally scoffed at the thought.

He had definitely made an impact on her. Banishing her and her father to Hell because she was born was bound to leave a lasting impact on her. And to her, it didn't even seem like he was truly sorry for what he did.

Talk about a dysfunctional family.

Anastasia returned her attention to the papers on her desk, flipping through them, hoping that there was something that she could do to make herself busy with her work, but alas, there was nothing. She had done it all. She didn't remember doing any of it, but apparently she did.

She tilted her head back and groaned in annoyance, realizing that she was now just left with her swimming thoughts, but luckily for her there was then a knock on wooden office doors.

"Come in." She called out and then watched as her cardigan wearing grandfather stepped through the doors and into her office.

Correction to her previous statement: unluckily.

"Can I help you?"

"I was wondering if we could talk." He requested rather than making his normal demands.

Anastasia shrugged, knowing that she had nothing else better to do. And in that moment, she really wished she did.

"Sure."

~~~~~