"You were so close." He whispered to her. Linda nodded, slightly. "I know."

"Well, this smells delicious, Father." Michael spoke again. "You have outdone your always divine touch." He then began to grab one of the platters, but was stopped by Lucifer.

"Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah!" Lucifer mused. "Aren't you forgetting something? Well, shouldn't we say grace?"

Maverick and Ryder both glanced at each other, sharing amused glances at what he said. They then looked as they saw their mother hiding a smile behind her hand.

Michael scoffed in annoyance before Linda said grace with many interruptions during it, as well as much added tension due to the fact that God was sitting in the room when she was speaking.

Talk about nerve wracking.

They then began to serve food, Michael beginning and purposely skipping Lucifer when he passed around the serving dishes. However, everyone pretended to ignore it, trying not to cause any more tension between the celestials at the table and in the room.

"Well isn't this great?" Michael questioned, breaking the silence once again. "Wonderful with family."

The conversation at the table started off great. Nothing out of the normal. Just simple things, before God spoke to his granddaughter, making her slightly uncomfortable with the topic.

"So I have more great grandchildren?"

"Mhm." Anastasia hummed before drinking more of her wine, really wishing that it did something to her. Unfortunately, it didn't. She also noticed the way that Maverick and Ryder shifted uncomfortably with the topic as well, seeing as Michael was in the same room and he had been deliberately terrorizing them and their siblings.

"Isn't there father, Cain?" Michael interjected, pointing towards Maverick and Ryder. The judgement in his tone was quite evident.

"Yes, he is."

Silence then fell over them once again.

Luckily for all of them, Lucifer intercepted the conversation. "You know, I have to compliment you, Michael. At first, I thought you exploiting poor Amenadiel's fears about Charlie's mortality was just a real shit more, you know? And impersonating me, ravaging my life, convincing a friend to shoot me, kidnapping my grandchildren, terrorizing my daughter's life and kidnapping my girlfriend, downright villainous."

Michael chuckled nervously, "None of these seem like compliments."

"I started to wonder, maybe there was an endgame. You create a mess big enough to bring God himself down, we all regress in Dad's presence, noble Amenadiel takes the blame, rebellious Lucifer runs off in a huff, leaving you... looking like the perfect son. But now, I realize it was just to bring the family together for dinner." Lucifer continued, before a genuine, shit eating smile appeared on his face. "Pass the chicken."

"I know what you're trying to do, but I'm not gonna let you ruin this, Samael." Michael spoke, getting agitated with his twin faster than the others assumed he was going to.

"Very well, Mi-ka-el." Lucifer taunted.

"It's "Michael"!"

" Is it? I mean, we're twins, after all. Fairly certain Dad wanted them to rhyme. Dad?"

" I did like the sound of that. Samael, Mi-ka-el." God then chuckled after what he said, thinking it was quite humorous. "But you boys had other ideas."

"Hmm." Amenadiel hummed in agreement.

Lucifer then turned his attention towards his older brother. "You know, I'm glad you persuaded me to come, brother. Like you said, it's worth it, even if Dad has been a real ass."