Chapter XX

XX

Crossover of Lives (Part 1)

———

"Long live our clan! Long live the Barbarus Clan!"

The yell of men faded when the Juniors were almost there. In the map, the Barbarus Clan's camp is on a plateau.

"This plateau is too low," William commented and exhaled. Everyone of them climbed the sawed-off plateau with their horses. Because the plateau is not so steep, they had a facile way to reach the clan. They have gone up the plateau where no one sees them.

"Is this really the plateau we saw when we were still down there?" Sally disappointedly asked. "This plateau is not as big as how it supposed to look below."

"This is not a plateau," Elise calmly corrected. "This is a butte."

Everyone of them explored the place through their own eyes. The butte contains nine midsized awnings and two big tents. There were many men roaming around. Some are adults, some are adolescents, and some are geriatric.

"There are non-Barbarus intruders around here!" a man's coarse voice shouted and everyone, including the Juniors, stood still. The voice is heard through the entire camp. "Show yourselves!"

We are the only non-Barbarus people around their camp, Amy thought.

"Let's show ourselves," Elise whispered to all of them and they went down their horses which did not fail to follow them.

Amy looked at Peter and Thaliana. She extruded all her fear and anxiety. The Juniors and kids stepped nearer to the tents.

"We, probably, are the non-Barbarus stuff," Amy said.

A tall and vigorous man aimed at them in general.

"We mean no harm," Amy nervously and tardily said.

"Hold your weapons," the man said and many men went to surround them in a semicircle. "Be brave, stay on guard, children."

Amy breathed heavily and blinked rapidly. She felt something is wrong. What a good approach, she thought.

"AND DUCK!" the man shouted.

The children ducked and held their weapons tightly. The vigorous man shot the arrow away from any of them. He did not really aim at us, Elise thought and looked stealthily at the back. There are Kininvas.

"Stand children! Run inside any of the tents! Kininvas!" the vigorous man commanded and gave them a way to the tents. Amy grabbed Thaliana and Peter's hands as they ran. Lance and the others led the horses to where Amy heads to.

"This tent, children!" a man said and the Juniors, Peter, and Thaliana entered the tent. They left the horses outside the tent.

"Hold your weapons, okay?" Amy urgently said to the two younger children. "If ever you will be facing Kininvas, run away. You can only use your weapons when you're already cornered, okay? Stay here. Come on, Juniors."

Amy looked at the two children and checked their condition. Thaliana has her spear and Peter has his sword. They're safe, she thought. She led her team to the opening of the tent to go out. Two men blocked their way.

"You can't go there, children," one of the two said. "Those are Kininvas and you're just children."

"Most people who can't understand easy things say that," Sally smirked.

"We've shut down tons of Kininvas," Tom said.

"And we have power," Elise added to what the others said. "Power that can make the Barbarus Clan safe from this attack."