Chapter XVII

XVII

The Next Day of Helping

———

The sun rose but it did not wake the Juniors up. After a few minutes, they're awakened by the light crossing through the gaps of their eyelids. A Kininva passed by the cave as everyone were serenely rising. Amy, who was completely wide-awake, picked an arrow. Lance held the arrow and Amy's hand.

Amy looked at Lance and saw him mouthing no. Amy nodded approvingly and all of them went to the darkest part of the cave. They remained stilly for them not to be spotted. When the Kininva was already gone, they went out of the cave and checked if there were other Kininvas with it. It was alone.

Amy and her teammates led all of the horses in the cave to make everyone safe.

"Airie, wait here," Amy commanded to Airie and the other horses. "Don't go with us. Make sure all of you are complete when we go back."

"Let's go," Elise whispered to Amy then held her laser axe with guard.

They tried to follow the Kininva shiftily. Without a difficulty, they made it through the Kininva's path to a hut. A little boy beside her mother sits by a bench outside the hut. The Kininva destroyed the door with the use of a heavy axe and it made the two civilians aghast. The Kininva was about to get them but the Juniors made a move.

"Before you touch them, you have to go through us," Amy coldly said.

The Kininva looked at them as if a real person. It spoke in a queer voice, "kids? Are you sure you can stop our plan?"

His voice doesn't sound like any of the Kininvas' we encountered, Elise thought. He even has a natural brain's verdict. If he is really a Kininva, he must have located us using a radar in the Kininvas' basic torso system. Everyone needs to know this.

"We're not just kids! We're the Juniors!" William protested and bent out of shape.

"Then let's go and fight!" the Kininva commanded like a living thing.

Amy mouthed hide to the mother and child. The two civilians hid by the leafless tree next to their hut. The shooters aimed at the Kininva.

Elise queasily watched as everyone prepared to fight. Amy aimed three metal arrows at the Kininva. Tom and William readied their fingers to pull the trigger. Lance held his freezing cold sword by his side. Sally raised her sword on fire.

Elise looked down and forcingly let the lasers of her axe come out of the shaft. I know Amy doesn't want to kill someone, she thought. I feel sad for doing this. Our friends know Amy and I are hesitant in hurting . . . living things. She needs to know that the Kininva we are talking to is false.

"Do you think you'll have more power?" the Kininva asked in a natural voice after seeing the powerful weapons. "We have got Wizard Sheloin! You'll not have any powers again!"

"You better refresh your news feed," Amy bravely said. "You didn't know that we got him back."

The Kininva shook his head, completely like a human. He took his sword with spikes and he's got a shield.

"Amy, you have to know something," Elise started in spite of the eerie movement of the eccentric Kininva. "That Kininva is a—"

"Let's start the game!" the Kininva shouted.

"Amy," Elise called out again but Amy haven't heard it.

"Don't be too cool, bro! This boy is cooler than you!" Tom said and pointed Lance.