Lando ~ Happier than ever

Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever

Everyone said it would be difficult to work with your ex, but I underestimated it massively. We worked for different teams, so I didn't think I'd run into him very often. But the last thing I expected was for him to come look for me.

I walked back to the hospitality with Mick. We had just done his interviews, and as his PR assistant I was always with him when he did interviews. "You did great" I complimented Mick, who gave me a huge smile in return. I've known Mick for years. He and my brother spent a lot of time together in karting. It was not a difficult choice for him to ask me as his PR assistant.

As we walked past the McLaren hospitality, I heard the door open. I didn't turn around to look because it could always be Lando leaving the building. "Hey" someone said, gaining both Mick and my attention. We simultaneously turned around and were met by Lando. It was as if he saw me walking past the building and decided to interrupt whatever we were headed to.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" Lando asked me. He looked nervous. Mick turned his head towards me and waited for an answer, whether he should leave or stay. I nodded, and he left us be. "Go ahead" I told Lando. His eyes lit up as he looked at me. "I, uh, I really miss you" he said nervous, scanning his surroundings. It took some time for my head to process what he'd said. "That's a little late now isn't it Lando?" I told him. He sighed and said, "I just wanted you to know."

"Don't waste the time I don't have, and don't try to make me feel bad" I told him, ready to walk away. "But baby, you misunderstood me" he said as he grabbed my wrist, keeping me from walking away. "LEAVE ME the FUCK alone Lando" I yelled and yanked my wrist out of his grip. People now stopped to watch us, but I didn't care anymore. My anger was building up so quick. How could he say that I misunderstood him.

"You know," I started, "you were my everything." His face showed sadness but all I felt was anger. "You still are my everything baby" Lando tried to appease me, trying to close the distance between us. I took a step back as he took a step towards me. "Why am I your everything if you talk shit about me on the internet, hm?" I asked him. His look said enough, like I had caught him in his act. "I NEVER told anyone anything bad about you" I said as my voice grew louder with anger.

There were already quite a few people watching us. George, Charles and Alex also watched us. "All you did was make me freaking sad" I told him. He didn't even dare to look at me, he kept looking at the ground in shame. "I'm done Lando" I said as I turned around to walk away, this time without Lando holding me back.

"You ruined everything good" I whispered as a tear rolled down my cheek.