Carlos ~ Temporary bliss

The Cab - Temporary Bliss

A fling that turned into friends with benefits. That's what we are. But as everyone knows, eventually one of them falls in love with the other.

One of us would ask, the other would approve, and one thing leads to another. But by the time it was morning, one of us would leave. Last time it happened, I visited him. On the way back in my car, I asked myself what I was doing. I had fallen in love with him. I wanted nothing more than to be with him, to have him close to me. Why did I leave him every time? I decided to talk about it next time I saw him.

That 'next time' came quicker then I had expected; the following week after he had come back from a grand prix weekend.

My phone started buzzing. I walked over to where it was, and saw the caller ID. It was him. I picked it up. "Hey Carlo" I answered the call. "Hey princesa" he said in his husky voice, making my knees weak. "How was work?" I asked, earning a chuckle from him. I knew he loved how I always just called it 'work'. "It was fine, mi alma" he answered me while I poured myself a glass of water in the meantime. "Are you home?" he immediately asked. I already knew what he wanted but he tried to ask it very politely every time.

"I'm home, yes. You can come over Carlo" I told him. He said he'd be here in about 15 minutes and then we ended the call. I realized I was going to have to talk to him about our situation. I didn't want to lose him, but I didn't want to keep doing what we always did.

About 15 minutes later there was a knock on my door. I opened it and was met by Carlos. He placed a kiss on my cheek as he walked in, taking off his coat and shoes. I grabbed his hand and led him towards the couch in the living room. "Carlos" I started, quite nervous. He hummed an 'Mhm' as he brought his hand up to stroke my cheek. I felt my face heat up. "I think we need to discuss us" I said bluntly.

He stopped stroking my cheeks and his eyebrows raised. "Why, princesa?" he asked. I didn't dare to look at him. "I-I can't keep touching you if it's just temporary bliss" I admitted nervous. I felt him stare at me. He was probably processing what I've just said. "Can you explain it please" he asked.

"What's the point of doing this, when you don't give me your heart?" I stated, making clear about what I wanted. He scooted a bit away from me. I felt the weight of the silence upon me. "I can't keep sleeping in your bed if you keep messing with my head!" I exclaimed in desperation and ran a hand through my hair. "I'm sorry," he said, and asked "you are telling me you're in love with me?"

I stared into his eyes, trying to calm my nerves. "Yes" I said. Carlos looked down at his lap and kept quiet, which made me only more nervous and self-conscious. "I can't stand it anymore" I said, breaking the silence. He looked up at me, still saying nothing. It became too much for me. I got up and walked towards the kitchen, where I could go to the balcony. Fresh air would do me good.

I opened the door to the balcony, only to be met with pouring rain. Nevertheless, I stayed outside. The rain calmed my mind and made sure I could think clearly again. After a few minutes I heard the door open. I turned and saw Carlos. He said nothing. He just walked up to me and placed his lips on mine roughly. I melted into his touch, forgetting about the conversation we just had. The kiss got heated immediately as laid his hands on my ass and squeezed it. I jumped a bit, only coming closer to Carlos.

He suddenly stopped, leaving me wanting more. "Please" I pleaded but he shook his head. "If we're going to do this, I'm not going to have sex with you just for pleasure" he said as he cupped my cheek. My eyes lit up and a huge smile spread across my face. I flung my arms around his neck and giggled. "I love you princesa" he said, making my heart flutter. "I love you too Carlos" I mumbled into his neck.