Crash

Ashton's Pov.

My heart pounded in my chest and I felt like I was about to throw up.

Quickly, I grabbed my phone and dialed Luke's cell.

No answer.

"Fuck!" I screamed as I throw the phone down onto the couch. I slumped down and buried my face in my hands.

"This is all my fault" I mumbled as I rolled onto my back. I bit my lip and tugged of my hair a little bit.

I want to cut.

Suddenly, I heard the television.

"Breaking News, teen boy is crushed by a truck as he was driving. Our authorities say he must have been drunk and texting while driving. He is currently in the process of being identified. To you Alexandra"

I looked up as a petite woman appeared on camera.

"Thank you, Lisa. Today around 9:00 am, teen Luke Hemmings was crushed by another auto mobile while he was texting and driving"

My eyes widened and my heart thumped. I could feel my body getting hot and my breathing unsteady.

"If this isn't a reason to stop texting and driving, I'll give you another. Hemmings was clearly drunk as well as he swerved into the left lane. The second he did, a large truck came his way. Luke was crushed by both the truck and the car. He is now currently in the hospital, unconscious. This is a serious matter. Stop texting and driving. Back to you Lisa." "Thank you Alexandra."

I quickly grabbed my phone and dialed Liz's number. After 4 rings, his mum finally picked up.

"Hello Ashton! It's early, what's up? Everything all right?" She chirped

"Um, hello Liz. I'm not really sure how I should tell you, but your son broke up with me" I swallowed hard, waiting for a response

"Oh... Ash, im so sorry"

"That's not the reason I'm calling. Luke was hit by a truck while driving today. I think it was a suicide. He left me a note" I said quickly.

"Oh my god! I- I need to go! Where is he... Oh my god! My baby! Thank you Ash, let me get back to you!" And she hung up.

Next, I texted Michael and Calum.
They already heard.

"I can't believe this is happening." Michael said as he stormed into my apartment.

"I know, what the fuck was he thinking!? Ash, I don't know what drove him to.. to suicide.." Calum said as he plopped down on the couch next to me.

"It was because of me." I said, out loud but I intended it to be just to myself.

"No, no, no! Ashton mother-fucking Irwin it was not your fault!" Michael yelled at me "Luke fucking loved you. It couldn't possibly be your fault."

I sighed and handed them the somewhat crumpled note.

"It says it right here."

Michael gently took it from me, treating it like a precious flower. Cal squished next to him and put his head on Mikes shoulder to get a better view.

It was quiet while the two read the letter. I felt like just doing it right now. They were distracted and they couldn't save me if I just jumped right now.

"Holy.. I-I don't understand." Michael blubbered under his breath.

"I'm sorry" I whispered "I made your best friend kill himself because I wanted to. I'm so s-sorry." I buried my face in my hands and let out all I've been holding in.

"Ashton don't!" Calum said as he scooted towards me and wrapped his arms around my trembling body.

"Please Ash, it'll be okay" mike whispered and kissed my head.

"And back to the crushing story of a teen nearly killed while texting and driving" the television said.

Mike, Cal and I all looked up, hoping to see if Luke was okay.

"Reports are that Luke has survived the crash, but may not last long. His parents and family have been contacted and are planning on saying their goodbyes. Luke cannot speak, nor move. He's paralyzed from the neck up as of right now. If he lives, it will be a lot of hard work for him and his family. Thank you." The reporter said just before the tv flashed to the weather.

"We have to go." I said

Mike and Calum looked at me as if to say
Are you sure?

"I love him, and I can't let him go. Not just yet."

///

Okay yay update! I'll be updating again soon don't worry! Love you all