Chapter Fourty Four

Start from the beginning

"What is it?"

"I have a miss call,"

"From Tre? You did ignore one of his calls when-"

"-No. no it's not from Tre. It's-" he paused again, re reading the screen. "It's from my mom?"

I shoved the quilt off myself down to the bottom of the bed. Getting up and out to. "Well, aren't you going to ring her back?"

"Maybe on the way,"

"Way to?"

"The meeting,"

I opened my own draws, pulling out a new shirt as I looked over my shoulder at him. "You're gonna leave me here?"

"What- do you wanna come to the meeting?"

I shrugged, pulling my shirt off. Shoving the other on. "I'm kind of already sick of meetings with you in them," I told him, popping my head through. "Kinda reminds me too much of school thanks,"

"I mean... you can wait in the car?"

"Great. Like a dog," I agreed sarcastically.

"Or... you could stay at home?"

"Like a lonely dog,"

"Well what do you wanna do Mallory?" He sighed.

I rolled my eyes smiling walking over to him. "Huffing an awful lot this morning Armstrong,"

"I'm nervous,"

"Don't be. You'll be fine- you worked ages on the album it'll be worth it,"

"I hope so,"

"I guess... I'll come with and wait in the car,"

"Like a dog?"

"Just make sure to keep the radio on in the car and keep a window down, keep me happy,"

~

So here I was. Waiting in the car, with some shitty radio station playing. Since I can't seem to find a better one.

Billie was and had been in his meeting for what felt now like ages. He was all jittery and nervous before leaving me and entering the large building we were parked outside of.

I send Billie another text.

Me:
How do I put air con on?

How long is he gonna fucking be?

After a while of huffing and re positioning myself in the car seat, messing with Billies car settings and stretching around trying to crack my back right. I saw Billie Joe on his way over accompanied by his two friends, Mike and Tre of course.

Tre was practically bouncing around beside them both. Skipping but yet trying to not stray too far in front. Mike continued to laugh at Tre, shoving him every once in a while as Billies eyes had already spotted me. I sat up in my seat with a smile.

He speeded a little in front of Mike and Tre, opening the drivers car door as he smiled. "It's published!"

"Really!?"

He nodded, I opened the car door beside me as Billie shut his. I rushed around the car before he pulled me straught into a hug of excitement. Squeezing and twirling me with a chuckle I could feel tickling down my neck.

To say he was nervous earlier. He didn't seem it anymore.

Finally he put me down as Tre and Mike caught up, both as excited as all.