Chapter - 12

DEATH

Lixian panicked immediately once he saw the man run away, not knowing what to do in pure shock and fear, but the wood that splintered right next to his head woke him up instantly. His body flinching as he ducked away from the bullet through the bushes, remembering that he was still in danger too.

"Come here you freak!" The man yelled, more shots getting fired.

The demon yelped out when one hit his shoulder, slumping back onto the ground with a thud because of the force.

"There you are." A sinister smile could be heard as the low voice said that, so much more closer then before.

But then Lixian heard him reload the gun. So he ignored the burning pain in his shoulder and the blood he felt sipping out and jumped up out of his hiding place to attack the man. The man screamed in surprise, his hands fumbling with his gun that was his only hope, but the weight of the demon caused him to be pushed over. His back landed on the ground with the creature on top of him, a groan leaving the man's lips in pain while he fought against the big hands trying to choke him.

Lixian pried the stupid gun from out of the man's hands and threw it far away from them, his red, flashing eyes flickering back at the shivering man underneath him.

"I'm sorry, p-please don't kill me. I didn't mean i—"

The angry creature grabbed his neck and snapped it with ease with his bare hands. "Asfi ra mashda." (Sleep now). He grumbled out.

The sudden ear deafening scream that echoed through the forest caused Lixian to whimper out a cry of fear, his heart sinking as he realised from who that was. He pushed away the dead limbs from around him and ran towards the house faster then he'd ever run, just now comprehending the orange lights flickering from behind the windows.

He busted through the front door that was left ajar and searched the room full with dancing flames for his mate. Nobody was there but smoke, though he could hear a faint cry from the other room that he almost missed.

"Raya!" He yelled desperately, shoving the closed door open with his pained shoulder.

"I wouldn't come closer if I were you."

Lixian breathed a sigh of relief once he saw those brown eyes look up at him, though they were terrified, he was still alive. The demon swallowed a nervous lump as he saw the knife he recognised from earlier that day being pressed against his lover's throat, causing his muscles to flex in anger.

The man smirked, his blue eyes glinstering in joy. "I knew it from the moment I saw you." He spit with pure hatred. "Filthy demon."

"Let him go." Lixian tried, holding up his hands to show him he ment no harm. Though he did, but the man didn't need to know that right now.

"One step further and your friend here dies." Torin warned, the blade he held pressing harder against Raya's skin, causing it to bleed slightly.

Raya stayed quiet, even though he felt like crying out in pain, he just silently let the tears roll down his damp cheeks as his body shook in fear. The flames in the other room slowly eating up the house around them. It was getting hotter, more difficult to breathe, and they began to notice too.

"Please, I'll do anything. Just let him go." Lixian replied, his worried eyes flickering from his human to the intruder behind him.

"Anything you say?" The man mocked.

"Yes." Lixian breathed.

"I want you to die."

The demon nodded quickly. "Yes, but let him go first. Then you can have your way."

"No! Lixian—" Raya cried, whimpering softly when the blade dug deeper into his skin when he talked. "Just go! Ah—"

"Quiet." The man hissed in the boy's ear, his other hand gripping the brown locks on Raya's head to pull on it harshly in warning. "I'll tell you what. You stay here while I guide this boy into the other room, yeah?"

Lixian wanted to agree, but the man started talking again.

"But then I get to chain you up so you can't leave or attack me. Deal?"

Raya sobbed harder, choking on his own breath as the smoke began to engulfed the house rather quickly, the flames creeping inside the room. "Yes, deal." Lixian nodded, earning a cry in return from Raya.

"Alright, come with me." Torin hissed, pulling a shaking Raya with him while still having the blade on his throat. "Now be a good boy and stay there." He said while pushing Raya out of the room before closing the door on him, locking it.

He turned back to Lixian who breathed a sigh of relief, the cries and banging on the other side of the door causing the demon to tear up. "Turn around and give me your hands."

Lixian followed the man's orders and turned around, holding his arms back for him to chain. The only thing he wanted was for Raya to escape and live. As long as he was safe, everything was alright in Lixian's book.

"People were talking about something falling from the sky these past few weeks." Torin chuckled, harshly pulling on the metal chains he was setting into place. "I just knew there was something up. You stupid creatures always cause problems, it happened once and I'm not going to let it happen twice."

"I didn't do anything." Lixian argued. "Whatever happened wasn't me."

"They all say they're innocent, until you trust them and they murder you're whole family!" Torin yelled, pushing the demon away from him. "Always out for blood."

Lixian stumbled over his own feet by the sudden force and fell against the wall in front of him, his injured shoulder taking the fall damage of it as he face planted against it. "Not every demon is like that!" He growled back.

"Yes, well, you can never be too sure ey?" The man murmured back.

Lixian was just in time when he turned around to dodge the bulled that was aimed for his head, his soul leaving his body by how fast he had reacted. Torin screamed as he pulled the trigger again, successfully shooting Lixian in the leg.

The demon cried out in pain and stumbled back against the wall, his legs shaking to hold up his body. Torin smirked evilly as he reload the gun, popping in more bullets while coughing because of the smoke. The flames were spreading all around them, the other side of the house already so far gone it couldn't be saved anymore.

"I swore to myself to kill every last one of you." Torin nodded, his eyebrows furrowed in a pained expression, though a small smile crawled forward. "And I've succeeded so far, you stand no chance demon."

Lixian heaved in pain, his body leaning against the wall for support. He was too weak, he wasn't ready to go against him like this. He wanted to fight, but knowing Raya was safe kept him from doing it. It would only cause them more trouble. He was a burden. Raya would never be safe, even if he wanted to convince himself otherwise. It was better like this. He had always felt this fear... and today it had come to life.

Lixian nodded, though noticed the difficult breathing of the human. No, he didn't want any hope, he already accepted his fate. "I know."

"Right then, no beating around the bushes." Torin chuckled, softly coughing again before pointing the gun at Lixian's head.

The demon closed his eyes as his body began to shake, his stomach turning in fear as anxiety kicked it. "Mera or mashda." (I'm ready to sleep). He softly whispered, sweat breaking out once everything really settled in.

He was going to die. He would never see Raya again. See him smile or feel his warm hugs. Feel his soft locks between his fingers as they kissed or the way he got stupidly excited about new spices. Lixian balled his fists behind his back, the metal chains clanging against his skin. It was alright, he tried to tell himself, he will find someplace better with someone who can love him and protect him like he couldn't.

It was alright.