Part 9

10th August, 1964

Michael's silence was growing rapidly. The other kids in the institution had not dared go near him or play with him in the play room. Loomis stood thinking what else he could do to help the boy who had nothing left in his head. Michael's parents still made regular visits despite what he had done, they were desperate to find a cure for their son and Loomis was making no progress. In many ways, Michael was the ideal patient because he did not cry, did not move but his silence worried Loomis very much. 

In the midst of his thoughts, a young nurse by the name of Juliana rushed over towards Loomis, panic seizing her face. 

"Doctor Loomis?" She trembled, gasping for breath as she reached him. 

"What is it, Nurse Juliana?"

"Doctor Wynn was on the phone with Haddonfield police station. Michael Myers parents just died in a car crash."

"Oh my. That is tragic." Loomis paused. "I suppose I will be the one who needs to break the news to Michael."

"Send him my condolences." Juliana smiled sadly and walked away.

Loomis walked towards Michael's room and stared at him. 

"Michael? I'm afraid I have some bad news."

Michael didn't move. Just stared out of the window.

"Your parents have passed away in a car accident." Loomis finished. "How about you come into the playroom with the other boys?"

Again, Michael didn't budge one bit.

"Come on, Michael." Loomis pleaded. "I want you to make progress with your treatment."

Michael turned his head to look at Loomis then got up, walked towards him and they both walked to the play room where the other boys were. O'Marley was playing roughly with some crayons, a nurse telling him not to break it.

Loomis urged Michael to go and play with the others who were much older than him by a few years.

"Hey, Myers kid!" O'Marley said. "Get off of my space." He spat.

"O'Marley, please." The nurse tried calming him. "Leave the boy alone.

Michael stayed put, not looking at O'Marley. The criminal looking young teenager stormed up towards Michael, grabbing him by his shirt and pining him to the wall.

"You trying to mess with me, Myers?"

Michael stared at O'Marley with no emotion. He didn't even flinch. Within minutes, security guards grabbed O'Marley from Michael and dragged him back to his room to let him calm himself down again. Loomis was shocked at Michael's reaction. He never retaliated.

"Are you okay, Michael?" The nurse kneeled beside Michael.

"He won't talk, Nurse." Doctor Loomis stood beside him. "Michael. Go and play with Adrian and Blair over there they won't hurt you." Loomis watched Michael walked towards the secure window ignoring Loomis's command to play with the boys.

"Why won't Michael socialise with the other kids?" The nurse asked.

"He hasn't spoken a word since he arrived. I doubt he will socialise with others here."