Part 3

The air around Russellville's countryside was slowly blowing in Judith's hair as she sat down on the grass, waiting for her boyfriend, Danny to come sit with her. She closed her eyes, taking in a deep inhale then jumped when a small hand tapped her shoulder. She opened her eyes to see her younger brother, Michael standing in front of her with a cold stare across his face. 

"Hey, Judith." Michael said. "Do you know where my colouring book is?"

"It should be in your back pack, Michael." Judith replied. "Also. Don't sneak up on me like that again."

Michael shrugged then vanished before Judith's eyes.

"Hey, Judy." Danny smiled down at her, carrying two bottles of beer. He passed Judith one then sat beside her on the grass watching the sun going down over the horizon. Danny leaned towards Judith and kissed her lightly on the lips before laying down on top of her.

"Maybe wait a little while, Danny." Judith pushed him up right.

"Come on, Judy. No one is here to see." 

"Michael could come back and I don't think a six year old would like to see his sister and her boyfriend making love."

Danny ignored Judith's caution and continued to kiss her as he slowly undressed her. Before they could get anywhere, Judith screamed in horror as Michael stood before them holding a dead rabbit in his grip. 

"Michael!" Judith exclaimed as Danny got up and starred at Michael. "What the hell do you think you're doing?!"

"I couldn't find my colouring books." Michael stared at her.

"Hey, Mikey." Danny removed the dead rabbit from Michaels hand slowly. "Did you kill that rabbit?"

Michael didn't answer.

"Michael. Danny asked you a question!" Judith slapped him over the head as Michael just stared at her. Judith found this a creepy gesture for her brother. 

"Judy, you didn't need to slap him." Danny said softly.

"He is being bad, Danny."

"Did you kill that bunny, Michael?" Danny asked once again.

"The voices told me to do it." Michael replied. He almost looked static, like a dummy.

"The voices?" Judith asked and got no reply in return. 

"Well, those voices were wrong, Mikey." Danny said. "Come on, lets get you to bed. Its late for you."

Danny left with Michael following in his footsteps. Judith stared after them, she thought it was nice that Danny and her brother were bonding. At the same time, it truly disturbed her that Michael would kill an innocent animal for no reason. She would need to tell her parents after they had gotten home the following day of Michael's strange behaviour, but she also knew better than to tell them because she would then need to explain why she failed to keep an eye on him. 

PICTURE NOT MY OWN, please let me know if you would like it removed (if it belongs to you)