Part 8

19th June, 1964.

It was time for daily fitness for the inmates at Smiths Grove Sanotarium and Loomis was about to give up on treating Michael. Everything he tried seemed to fail. Art therapy, music therapy, even caffeine had no side effects on him. Any other normal boy his age would be bouncing off the walls with coffee, but not Michael. Loomis didn't know what to do anymore. He had run out of ideas, but he knew he couldn't give up on the Myers family. He was there to treat Michael. Not to give up on him.

"Doctor?" A feminine voice asked.

"Yes?" Doctor Loomis looked up to see the parents of Michael standing in front of him.

"We have come to see our son." Peter Myers said.

"Ah, I see." Loomis giggled. "I wasn't expecting you Mr and Mrs Myers."

"How is Michael?" Edith asked. She looked as though she had no sleep since the murder of their daughter.

"I am afraid we aren't making any progress."

"Why is that ?" Peter asked.

"He hasn't spoken a word since I meet him."

"Can we see him ?" Edith begged.

"Absolutely, though... he is in a fitness class at the moment. It shouldn't be too long though, then I will get him to see you both. In the meantime, can I get you anything?" Loomis enquired. "How about a coffee or a cup of tea?"

"Aw, that would be great. Thank you, Doctor." Peter said.

***
30 minutes had passed and Peter and Edith Myers had been patiently waiting a while for their son. The door to Loomis's office pushed opened and to Peter and Edith's delight it was Michael and Loomis.

"Michael!" Edith went up and hugged her son, who again showed no interest or emotion.

"Hesty, Mrs Myers please." The doctor said.

Michael simply stood static. While Loomis explained what Michael had been like since his arrival.

"So.. has he not said a word since that... Night?" Peter asked staring at Michael looking concerned.

"I'm afraid so. Yes."

"Michael?" Edith pleaded. "Speak to us son."

"He won't, Mrs Myers."

Michael simply stared at his mother and father, barely breaking eye contact.

"Michael?" Peter asked. "Why won't you talk to us?"

Still no reply.

Doctor Loomis gathered this would take more time than he thought possible. Perhaps his attempts at asking Michael why he killed his sister were useless. Perhaps he wouldn't speak at all. Only time would tell.