67

꒰

꒰ .ೃ࿐ ꒱ this or that
sano manjiro, age 15

warnings !!
mentioning of throwing up

Mikey exhaled as Hiro gave him a pat on the back. The raventte man chuckled, sitting down with a glass of whiskey in his hands.

"You did good, son." Hiro grinned, "If you want, I'll let you stick by Y/N's side. You like her, don't you? I'll make sure you have no competition."

"With all due respect, Mr Asahi," Mikey muttered, "I appreciate the offer, but I'm going to have to decline. I don't think she'll want to see me after this." The blonde thickly gulped. "I do have a question, however. Why do you need Y/N so bad? You have money, and you have power. What more do you need?"

Hiro gulped down the amber liquid, shrugging.

"Simple, Sano. I want more. I'm a greedy bastard, a selfish one too. You must know that by now. I was doubted as a child, bullied even. And look at me now. Y/N possess something precious to me. She brought your friend, Baji Keisuke, back to life. If I can find out how to unlock her full potential, Japan is as good as mine. And, then the world." The male smirked, slamming his now empty cup onto the desk in front of him. "Now, I've promised to keep your little gang friends safe. Is there anything else you want to add to the contact?"

Mikey thought for a moment before lifting his head.

"Make sure Y/N's happy. That's all I want."

"You really love her, don't you?" Hiro leaned back, crossing one leg over the other.

"Yes, I do. I'm satisfied with watching Y/N smile and laugh, even if it's not with me."

"My offer still stands, Sano. Give me the word, and Y/N is yours."

"Her heart was never mine in the first place, and it never will be. Her heart will always lie with Hanma, and I can't do anything to change that."

━━━━━━

Mikey was starting to regret his decision. Why, oh why, had he thought it was a good idea to sell Y/N out? Mikey promised to protect her. He even roped multiple gangs into the situation without telling them the truth because some would refuse, such as Izana or Hanma.

Guilt was already gnawing at his insides, devouring him and weakening his will. Y/N didn't even know for crying out loud. How would he feel when she found out if he already felt this terrible now?