Chapter 18 - Dumpster Fire pt.1

- TW: STRONG LANGUAGE - 

"I have to go, y/n. I'll talk to you tomorrow," Jiro says before she exits.

I don't say anything. I just stare at the scenery in front of me. It's a long drop from up here. I wonder if it could kill someone. It would be so easy just to leave everything right now. I wouldn't have to deal with the dumpster fire of life that this is. But I'm not going to. I won't do it. Not now, hopefully not ever. But if I were to slip and fall, I wouldn't try and hold on for dear life. It hasn't been such a dear to me.

I lay back down, trying to find a way out of the situation. First off, what are the issues at hand?

1. Mina hates me.

2. Mina and I are making things complicated with the rest of the friend group.

3. My parents want me to see a therapist.

4. My parents and I don't have the most stable relationship anymore.

5. Kaori is blackmailing me.

6. Kaori is selling my body to people.

7. Jiro wants to be more than friends, and so do I, but now she's upset because she didn't know I had a "girlfriend," but she doesn't get the situation, so now she thinks I have been thinking of her like a friend the whole time, and even if I hadn't been I would be labeled a cheater.

Complicated, I know. I don't even know where to start to fix all of this shit. 

I feel my phone buzz in my pocket. It's Kaori. Goddammit.

fucking bitch

meet me on the roof in 5

muffin

what y

fucking bitch

bc I said so

be there or u know what happens

I shut my phone off and lay back down, running my hands over my face. I cannot believe my life.

"Well, you're early, aren't you?" Kaori asks, letting the door close behind her. She stands in front of it with her arms crossed.

"I was already up here," I say curtly.

"You come up here a lot?" She inquires.

"No. Just felt like it tonight for some reason," I lie. "So what do you want, anyway?"

She doesn't say anything. She just looks at me with a proud look on her face. That's never a good sign.

"Kaori. Seriously, what's going on?" I'm starting to get frantic.

"You'll see," she smirks.

Suddenly, there is a cloth over my mouth. It smells like chloroform, don't ask me how I know that. But it isn't Kaori with the cloth. Someone came from behind me. Someone that would've had to have been standing in the shadows the entire time I was up here. Watching me. I reach my hands behind me to try and hit them, but I can't get to the right angle. I try to use my quirk, but... it isn't working. It isn't working?! That's not fucking possible! Why can't I burn him? If I wasn't already scared before, I'm scared now. 

When you lose something that comes so naturally to you, a reflex, an impulse––it's terrifying.

Kaori just keeps looking at me with that ridiculous smug look on her face.
I'm helpless. God, I hate that.

And just like that, everything goes black.

––––––

imma make u wait for the pt.2 cuz I'm so nice like that😁