Chapter 5 - No Clue

- TW: STRONG LANGUAGE -

I don't wait for them to tell me to go sit down. I do it myself.

"Let's get started, shall we?" I ask in a business-like manner, folding my hands on the table. You start yourself off in control by giving directions first, and that's exactly what I want.

"Uh, sure, " Present Mic says. I could tell neither of them was used to not being in control here.

"Okay, first off: quirk?" Eraser Head starts.

"Yes."

"...Then what is it?"

"Well, wouldn't you like to know?"

"Uh, yes, actually. Are you going to be this difficult the entire time?" Eraser Head sighs.

"Take a guess, bud," I say with a smirk.

He rolls his eyes.

"Aw, come on, now. Don't spoil my fun." I pout.

He raises his eyebrows at me, trying to tell me that I'm on his last nerve.

"Fine. It's pyrokinesis," I say flatly. Present Mic jots something down on a clipboard.

"I'm guessing you got your quirk from your mother?" Eraser Head says.

I nod my head. "The only thing I got from my Dad was red eyes. Oh yes, and trauma, he gave me that, too," I say, oddly enthusiastic. Dark humor is one of my favorite kinds.

"By the way... what happened to her? Your mother, I mean."

"She died while giving birth to me," I say quietly and quickly, not meeting their eyes.

"I'm sorry, y/n."

"I've gotten over it. It's not like I can miss someone I never knew." The statement is sad but completely true.

"Don't you ever wonder what she was like, though?"

"No, I don't want to miss a person who was never in my life, to begin with. Plus, if she's anything like my father, I don't want to know what she would've been like."

"...Opposites attract?" Present Mic says in an attempt to lighten the mood.

"Sure," I state calmly, staring down at my reflection on the surprisingly shiny table. Damn, I look like shit.

He doesn't know what else to say about this so he moves to the next question. He runs his finger down a notepad, where I'm guessing he has a list of questions. His finger stops as he reads from the notepad, "What's your affiliation with the League of Villains?"

My eyes widen as I recall memories of that place that I'd forgotten I ever had. Of course, many of them aren't pleasing to think about. Otherwise, there are a few nice ones with Dabi, Toga, and Twice. They were like my older siblings. Even if they are villains, I kind of miss them.

"Uh..." My sense of being in control is now gone. I don't know what to tell them. I don't even know what would happen if I tell the truth, but there's no way to lie around it without being considered one of the villains. Great. You've really outdone yourself this time, y/n.

"Oooh, that's a toughie," I say with an uncomfortable laugh.

They raise their eyebrows and cock their heads like they're waiting for me, which I guess they are.

I take a deep breath and blurt, "I'm Shagaraki's kid." My expression has changed to complete seriousness. In full honesty, I knew this question was coming, I just thought I'd be able to have a little bit more fun before they asked. Apparently not.