Chapter eleven

The light flooded into the room through the blindness window illuminating the scene from the night before. Jennie and Roseanne lay on the Roseanne's bed, naked and on Jennie's behalf, severely hungover. Roseanne's arm was strewn over Jennie's body and their clothes were all about the room, a reminder of the urgency of their lust from the night. Jennie rolled over and opened her eyes, the sun was blinding and she groaned quietly. Roseanne didn't stirred from the disruption beneath her arm and as Jennie looked at her, she felt her stomach drop. She remembered what had happened, slightly. Mainly she remembered the sensations, how good it felt even though she was blind drunk, and because she had been blind drunk and was now living in the wreck of her decisions, she could see how stupid - in theory - she had been. 

She rolled away from Roseanne and sat on the edge of the bed with her back to her old lover who was in a lovely dream-filled sleep and was ignorant of the panic Jennie could feel rising in her chest. She rolled her neck around thinking that maybe some of the tension she felt could have been coming from tight muscles, not the absolute calamity that was lying in bed behind her.

She reached forward and grabbed her bra off the ground, it was so bright in the room! How could Roseanne have such a great apartment which was immaculately decorated no doubt by some gay man from France, but not have any blinds in the master bedroom? Jennie winced as she folded in half to reach the ground, her head and stomach were in equal amounts of pain and she'd be lucky if she could get dressed without passing out or vomiting. She put her bra on and turned to look at Roseanne sleeping.

In spite of the regret she was forcing herself to feel (it was more guilt), Jennie couldn't help but smile at Roseanne. She was angelic when she was asleep, especially in the lighting. Maybe that was why she didn't have blinds, so she could wow all the girls she slept with when they caught sight of her in the morning. The sun fell on her face and made her skin glow, a small smile played on her lips and little did Jennie know, she was dreaming about what had just happened. Jennie leaned across to her and tucked a loose strand of hair behind Roseanne's ear. She had made a mistake, but if all the mistakes she made were as good as sleeping with Roseanne, perhaps she'd make a few more in the future.

Roseanne sighed and slowly opened her eyes, Jennie moved her hand away quickly and turned back away from her. She couldn't face Roseanne just yet, she didn't have a painless or clear enough head to even conduct a conversation let alone think about what the night consisted of. 

"Morning," Roseanne said. She was in a good mood, but she wasn't expecting Jennie to be, she'd be confused and trying not to panic about everything, it's what Jennie was like.

"Morning," Jennie replied quickly, she stood and pulled on her panties. 

She stood facing Roseanne's walk in wardrobe and sighed before turning around to look at her, she winced at the light from the window.

"Jesus Christ! Why don't you have any blinds?" she said angrily.

Roseanne laughed. "I do, I was just, ah, too busy to put them down last night."

"Oh." Jennie stared down at Roseanne blankly and Roseanne nodded understandingly, her face falling.

"Is this where I hear about how you're straight?"

"No," Jennie said offended. "I'm not. You know that."

"Right." Roseanne nodded unbelieving. "So... what am I about to hear?"

Jennie rolled her eyes. "I don't have the brain capacity for this right now." She flopped onto the bed with her back to Roseanne once again and sighed. "I feel so sick."

Roseanne laughed. "I told you you were too drunk."

"I'm not mad about it, Roseanne," Jennie said coldly."So just stop undermining me and acting like I'm about to walk out and never speak to you again."

"But do you regret it?" Roseanne pushed.

"Roseanne!" Jennie snapped. "I'm fucking hungover, just... just shh!"

Jennie fell back onto the bed and stared up at the ceiling. The extravagant light fitting was making her feel sick, it was too intricate and fancy for a hungover mind to study. She closed her eyes and ran her hands over the soft sheets, she giggled. Roseanne watched her with curiosity and bit her lip to stop her smiling at how cute Jennie was. Jennie giggled again.

"Jesus, even when my eyes are closed I can't get away from how well you're going!" she explained.

"It's a nice comfort to come home to after seeing dead bodies," Roseanne said casually.

"But you like it," Jennie said without opening her eyes or stopping her hand from running over the sheets.

Roseanne smiled down at her, usually people would back pedalled because of her comment. "Yeah," Roseanne answered truthfully, "it's fun."

Jennie opened her eyes and sat up, she stared sincerely at Roseanne. "You can't expect me to make my mind up right now, can you?"

Roseanne shook her head. "No."

"What if I can't make my mind up?" Jennie whispered. "What if I can't end either of them? What if I just keep fucking everyone over for my own happiness?"

"I'm sure you'll come to a conclusion, Jen."

"But it's hard, you have no idea." Jennie stood back up and walked to the window, she looked down at the street below. "I've always known this, I've always known you and me even when I was and wasn't with Jimin. But I'm not a bad person, at least I don't think I am, but maybe I am because I'm cheating on Jimin again, for a second time."

"Bad people don't think about if they're bad." Roseanne was trying to comfort her, she could tell that Jennie was still a tad drunk.

"Maybe I'm not bad as such, just a dick." Jennie turned around to Roseanne who was watching her sympathetically. "I don't know what to do."

"That's ok." 

But as Jennie stared at Roseanne's face full of understanding, she knew that it would only be so long before Roseanne was demanding some kind of answer, she wasn't the type of girl to be fucked around. Really, deep down in Roseanne's heart she knew that she would wait for years just to have Jennie. In the meantime, Jennie was going to make the most of Roseanne's sympathy. She headed back to the bed to cuddle up beside Roseanne for the rest of the morning and to see out her hangover.