Somewhere familiar | Chapter 9

Start from the beginning

Frisk: Yeah.

Octavius: Good, but if you change your mind, you know where to find me.

Octavius gets up and walks out to use the computer in the other room, Ralsei gets up and makes the cake, Harold invites Frisk to sit next to him and they do so, Kris was still surprised on how another human was here.

Kris: You're human?

Frisk: Y-yeah.

Kris: How did you get to the underground?

Frisk: Fell down in the middle of a mountain.

Kris: O-oh, how did you survive?

Frisk: I landed on some flowers.

Kris: Interesting.

Harold: How are you?

Frisk: A bit overwhelmed.

Harold: Well there's no need to worry, we've all felt overwhelmed at least once in our lives, but when you get used to us it'll be fine. And I think you'll like Ralsei, he's very sweet and wouldn't hurt anyone, if there's anyone you can trust here then it's him.

Kris: Yeah, Ralsei's great, I would definitely would want to be friends with him if I just met him.

Frisk: Cool, anywhere I should avoid?

Kris: Yes, don't go into the basement, that's where we keep all of our prisoners that tried to cover the world in darkness.

Frisk: What?

Kris: We should explain how our world works, we have things called dark fountains the one here is made from pure darkness so any darkner can live here. We have to go around sealing dark fountain people have made so it doesn't off balance the balance of light and dark. And if we are too late or too many get created then the darkness will overpower the light, covering the whole world in darkness.

Frisk: Very interesting, and different to what we have, we don't even have those dark fountains.

Kris: How does it work?

Frisk: Well it's a very long story, but in my universe the humans and monsters had a war after the humans attacked the king's son as a human fell down and died in the underground and when the son tired to return the body the humans thought the monster killed the human so the humans attacked back.

Kris: Oh, well hopefully that doesn't happen to us.

Frisk: The humans overpowered the monsters and trapped them underground using a barrier the humans casted. The barrier needed 7 human SOULs to be able to break and the king had 6, so that meant I was the 7th.

Kris: Then what happened?

Frisk: I fell down and started to make my way out, but there was a little voice in my head telling me to kill everyone, I kept ignoring it the best I could until it overpowered me and had control of my body and I was the one watching. I could only watch the terrible things the evil thing did, but it wasn't until a very difficult battle that Octavius saved me.

Kris: What did he do?

Frisk: He pulled the evil entity out of my body and threw it into a black hole, saving me from it.

Harold: Hell yeah! that's Octavius for you! always helping and saving!

Frisk: The king then tried to get my SOUL so they could escape, he was getting closer and closer to me.

Kris: Where was Octavius?

Frisk: He was being held back but the strongest guards so he could stop the king. But as the king was about to get me, Octavius shouted so loud it knocked everyone off their feet, he then ran over to me and picked me up protecting me from them.