The Race

Just a note! This chapter is a bit long.

-----

-(Y/n)'s P.O.V-

Giulia was walking beside me as we were going Signora Marisgliese to tell her to split up the team.

"Uh oh, Giulia! Twelve o' clock!"

"Wha-?"

Giulia sped up, I stayed at my pace, watching.

"Luca? What are you doing here?"

"Don't worry. I'll race on my own."

"You can is you want, but I don't recommend it-"

"-Thank you!"

Luca quickly turned and lined his bike up. Smiling at me as he walked by.

"How are you gonna... I mean, what happens when the-"

"-You can't swim!!"

Giulia and I looked at each other panicked.

"Alone again you two?"

We both turn and glare at Signora Marisgliese.

"What ever okay?! Giulia give me your bike, I'll get it over there. Go get ready for the swim."

Giulia nodded and quickly made her way down to the beach. While everyone was cheering for their friends or family, Massimo and Machiavelli held a painted banner with our names on it. Blue paw prints were the dots.

I smiled at Giulia and nodded before watching Ercole walking over to Ciccio with a glass bottle.

"Ciccio, hold still. Oilo d'Oliva."

I leaned back as the Oil got every where.

"He will cut through the water like a knife. An oily knife!"

I rolled my eyes when everyone's attention was brought to Luca, wearing a deep see scuba suit. Ercole was holding the bottle to his chest with a smile.

"Oh-oh! This makes me laugh! I guess even your terrible friends, don't want to be friends!"

I held Giulia back from throwing any punches to Ercole. I leaned to the side and locked eyes with Luca.

"Luca! This is a very bad idea!"

Ercolre stepped right in front of me.

"Hey, vagrant! Can't afford a proper swimsuit?"

"Signore e signori!"

Everyone looked at Signora Marisgliese who was holding a mega-phone.

"The Portorosso Cup, is about to begin! We know there's been a few sightings lately. But Fear not! If any sea monsters show up today, we are ready for them!"

Luca went into the suit a little bit, he looked over at Giulia and I as we shook our heads.

"Swimmers, take your mark!"

All the swimmers put their goggles over their faces as Signora Marisgliese raised the bell. Once she rung the bell, everyone ran into the water, Giulia stayed and looked at Luca before putting on her goggles and running in as well.

Luca turned to me with worry. I nodded with a determined face. He smiled and nodded back, putting on his helmet and going into the water.

"I still can't believe you're not cheering for me Darling~"