A lonely Thanksgiving indeed

It was just after LB had become a Spectrum agent. Of the fifteen girls they'd tried to recruit, she was the only one that they kept on. At least, that they kept on and in the field; the others became doctors or secretaries. One other became a code breaker, so she was alone in a world ran by men, in a foreign country.

Keywords alone in a foreign country. Sure, Australia and America had it's few similarities, the cool climate and everything, but, with holidays right around the corner, and it seems that that's all anyone could talk about, LB couldn't help to feel a little left out.

Sure, her family never really celebrated Thanksgiving that much, and they were celebrating it seemingly too early since America always celebrates it the last Thursday in November instead of Wednesday, but still. She wasn't with her family, it just reinforced the fact that she was alone here. She wasn't with anyone that she had even given a half attempt to make friends with in training, no one.

Even her partner, the golden boy Bradley Baker wouldn't be around. Sure, he was a major pain in her side in the field since he couldn't follow orders, but she would have liked to at least see a  face that she knew when she came in to do paperwork since she couldn't bear to be in the house alone on the holidays. Best not to remind oneself about how lonely they truly are by doing that.

And that's exactly what happened. LB came in on November 23, Thanksgiving day, extremely early, sat down, and got to working on paperwork.

Around tenish, the unfortunate agents who had to be there for punishment, or other reason dragged themselves in, but they ignored her as always, not that she would have wanted any of them around. She works best alone.

So, imagine her surprise when she hears the door open. And, even though he had been bragging all week along about the amazing and wild party he was going to throw, in walks Bradley Baker.

"LB," He says, nodding his head at her.

She doesn't acknowledge his presence, hoping that he'll go away, but luck wasn't on her side, since he grabs the report she was working on. The report that both of them were supposed to feel out, but he coined it off to her, saying that he didn't feel like doing the work and since she was a newbie agent, she should get practice doing it.

"Baker, I didn't think that you'd be in here today. Something about a party where there would be turducken, five different pies, cranberry sauce, and, the most important part, ten different types of alcohol." LB remarks irritated that he stole her work that she was in the middle of doing.

He just doesn't make any sense sometimes. He forces me to do his paperwork, and then stops me from doing it.

"You're seriously alone for Thanksgiving, one of the best holidays?" He questions grabbing the files stacked up on LB's desk that she was going to try to get done today.

"While I fail to see this is any of your business, yes, I am. Now give me back the paperwork that I need to do, since our mission reports are due by the end of the week, which is tomorrow, and I have to do the reports for two people since you won't do yours," LB bites back, having absolutely no patience for him today, especially with that comment.

"Nope, that's not going to work. Come on." He orders, before starting to walk out of the room with the files.

"What in the world are you doing?" LB questions, her voice just below a shout.

"If you want these files back, which I'm pretty sure you do, you are going to have to come to my house and eat Thanksgiving meals with me." Bradley says, before walking out of the room, leaving LB cursing up a storm, but, highly reluctantly, following him.