Chapter 3: The Council Meeting

Mulai dari awal

I had been engrossed in reading my favorite fictional mortal book, Once Upon A Broken Heart, when a distant rumble of thunder disrupted my peace.

Ugh, now? Now!?

I despised those dreary council meetings, and Poseidon's incessant arguing made matters worse. I would rather bury myself in a book than endure his constant whining.

Teleporting directly to the throne room, I nodded in acknowledgment to Father, took my seat on the throne, and checked Poseidon's empty chair.

Hooray! Empty as usual.

With a snap of my fingers, I summoned the book I'd been reading earlier, finding an unusual silence enveloping the throne room. That was strange. It was never this quiet, especially when Father and Hera were present. Their ceaseless bickering usually filled the room.

This was getting interesting.

Closing the book, I focused on analyzing the situation.

Moments later, I sensed someone entering—or rather, teleporting—into the throne room. I glanced over to find my sister, Artemis, joining us. I resumed examining the unusual scene before us...

Third Person's POV

As the gods assembled one by one, a noticeable tension hung in the air, accentuated by the unusual silence between Hera and Zeus. The gathered gods refrained from speaking, wary that their words might spark an unwanted confrontation. Athena and Artemis, in particular, were keenly observing the situation between their parents.

Athena discerned that the gathering was waiting on Zeus to initiate the meeting. Seeing her father seemingly dazed, she understood that the meeting wouldn't commence immediately.

Clearing her throat to draw attention, Athena inquired,

"Father, are we ready to begin the meeting?" Her expression remained neutral, but inwardly, she was perplexed and growing increasingly irritated by the enigmatic behavior of Hera and Zeus.

Why were they suddenly reticent with each other? Why the absence of their usual discord? What was happening?

These questions echoed not only in Athena's mind but seemed to permeate the thoughts of everyone present in the room, each eager for answers.

"Uh... yes, yes," Zeus finally responded, rousing from his daze.

"Seems like Hera is elsewhere," Artemis remarked dryly.

"Hera, Lady Hera, Mother, are you with us?" Hephaestus chimed in, waving his hand before Hera's face.

Hera chuckled nervously. "Yes, Hephaestus, I'm here and present for the meeting."

"Shall we commence the meeting?" Zeus interjected, attempting to steer the focus back to the business at hand.

The Meeting

Zeus: "The Fates arrived this morning bearing a new prophecy. Hera, please recite it for everyone's understanding."

Hera: With a roll of her eyes

In realms twain, a child powerful, foretold, 

Shall unseat a king whose words are cold. 

Daughter born of Titan's grace, 

Bears the child, fate's interlace. 

Trials, their genesis in tears and betrayal's spree, 

Yet triumph emerges in smiles, laughter's glee. 

A kingdom anew from the trials born, 

A worthy sovereign claims the throne's adorn.

Zeus: Hushing murmurs and whispers

"SILENCE! Athena, daughter, any thoughts on those referenced in the prophecy?"

Athena: Adopting her contemplative stance "I'm uncertain, Father, but perhaps the king referred to in the prophecy might be you. I don't mean that your words are ruthless, but... the child's mother, a daughter of a Titaness, might relate to Theia's only daughter, Selene, or perhaps the offspring of Titaness Phoebe, such as Asteria or Leto."

Hera and Hephaestus: Glares at Zeus

Artemis: "Or maybe the nine daughters of Mnemosyne."

Apollo: "Or the daughters of Tethys. But let's dismiss Metis as Father swallowed her."

Hephaestus: "Or the daughters of Themis, the three Horai and the three Moirai."

Hera and Hephaestus: Glares at Zeus

Athena: "Or perhaps the daughters of the Titaness..."

Aphrodite: Sighs

Ares: "What's wrong, my love?"

Hephaestus: Glares at Ares

Aphrodite: Gives a look signaling disbelief

Athena: "Sigh... Rhea."

Gods: Gasp in horror

Athena: "Which means-"

Hera: "Me, Demeter, and Hestia."

Athena: "However, there are other Titanesses with daughters, and prophecies often have deeper meanings. These are my ideas, Father."

Poseidon: "Do you think I might be the king in the prophecy, or perhaps Hades?"

Athena: "There's a possibility for both, but neither of you fits the ruthless bill. One's just a bit dense, and the other tends to be a bit dark."

Poseidon: Fakes a hurt expression

Athena: Smirks

Gods except for Zeus: Snicker

Zeus: "ENOUGH! How can you joke at a time like this?"

Athena: "We apologize, Father, it won't happen again."

Zeus: "Meeting dismissed."

As the gods departed one by one, their expressions cast in grim solemnity, Hera rose from her throne, fixing Zeus with a piercing glare.

"We'll resume our discussion from earlier tomorrow morning," Hera declared, her tone seething with anger. 

"And don't forget, the Divine Olympian Nexus is next week. We have merely five days left to prepare."

Zeus simply nodded, a heavy sigh escaping him as he contemplated the looming tasks.

Hera then whisked herself away, teleporting to her chambers to attend to her affairs.

"Sigh... will there ever be a time without prophecies?" Zeus pondered aloud, his weariness evident. He too teleported to his chambers, ready to attend to his duties as the King of Olympus.