Chapter 9 (EDITED)

3rd Person's POV

Friday. Today's the day Karasuno's practice match against Nekoma from Tokyo is scheduled. Everyone had to wake up early to meet up at the school for them to get to Tokyo early.

"It's too early, Hinata. Where do you get so much energy?" Asked by Sugawara as they gathered in front of the school waiting for the managers to show up. 

"We will be going to Tokyo!! It's my first time, Suga-san!!!!" Yelled the little tangerine as he jumped with a big smile on his face. It's too early, and the sun is already here. The third years thought as they glanced at the first-year decoy, widely smiling at the fact that he got to play in Tokyo.

"Must be nice to be a simpleton." Said Tsukishima as he stared at the orange-haired boy. Yamaguchi, on the other hand, snickered at his friend's comment but moved on from it later on.

"Am I late?" Asked Kiyoko who just entered the front gate of the school. Tanaka and Nishinoya turned their heads to where the voice was and saw their goddess manager walking towards the other third years.

"KIYOKO-SAN!! YOU LOOK LOVELY TODAY!!!!" The second year's idiotic duo yelled as they ran towards the said manager but tripped right in front of the third years.

"This is too early for me." Said Daichi as he looked at the two who were currently slumped on the floor. Kiyoko sweat dropped at the sight and just went straight towards their club adviser. 

"Okay, everybody! We rented this bus last week for us to have a ride on the way to Tokyo. Since we all woke up really early, make sure to get some sleep." Takeda-sensei announced the the boys gathered their belongings in the luggage compartment.

"Tanaka! Nishinoya! Make sure not to make any ruckus inside the bus." Daichi warned as the two gulped in fear. Their captain can be really scary sometimes, especially when it comes to his warnings and punishments.

The ride at first, was calming and silent. Everyone is in their own little world, either chilling, getting some sleep, or talking with each other. 1 hour had passed and everyone had fallen asleep. Except for Tsukishima. The blonde was wide awake. During the past week, he got to catch up with his best friend whom he didn't get to see in years. Turns out that the female is not busy at that time. He is contemplating whether to call her or not but decided to go for the latter.

"Hello?" Asked by the voice from the other line. It was Mizuki. 

"Hey. Why are you still awake at this hour?" He asked as he eyed his team members, making sure all of them were fast asleep. He didn't want to get caught by any of them talking to her, especially Tanaka and Nishinoya.

"Well, I am always awake at this hour. I'm about to have my morning run. You said you are going to Tokyo for a practice match today, right?" She said as he could hear some kicking in the background from the other line.

Maybe her sister working out in the early hours of the morning. He thought.

"Yeah. We're on our way there. You should at least get back to sleep. It's 4:30." He said as he checked the time.

"No, I can't. I have a busy morning ahead of me and a volleyball practice in the afternoon. You should be sleeping as well. Why'd you call anyway?" 

"I..." He stopped and thought for a second. He never did this to anyone before. He hasn't called anyone out of nowhere, and just because he's bored and couldn't sleep. He haven't even called Yamaguchi like this. He isn't the type to make the first move. It is always the others begging for him or calling for him. Not the other way around.