eight

08. Rose

Brayden groaned in annoyance when his phone started ringing, disturbing his sleep, without opening his eyes, Brayden answered his phone.

"What?" Brayden snapped, annoyed at whoever was calling him.

"Brayden" Liz greeted.

Hearing Liz's voice, Brayden's eyes shot open, and he quickly sat up, "Liz, hey" he greeted, confused as to why Liz was calling him, "Is everything okay?".

"Is Caroline with you?" Liz asked.

"Caroline?" Brayden asked confused.

"Yeah, last night when I came home she wasn't home and this morning when I woke up I didn't see her, and from the looks of it, her bed looks like it hasn't been slept in" Liz replied, worrying Brayden, "So I was wondering if she has spent the night at yours?".

"Liz, Caroline isn't at mine" Brayden said, quickly getting out of bed.

"Where is she then Brayden?" Liz asked worried.

"I don't know" Brayden replied, equally as worried, "Look Liz, don't worry, I'll find her, you should call Elena and Bonnie, ask them if she's for some reason with them".

"I'll call them" Liz said, "But please find her Brayden, find my daughter".

"I will" Brayden promised, "I won't let anything bad happen to her".

After hanging up on Liz, Brayden dialed Kaitlynn, knowing that she was the one who was supposed to drop Caroline home last night.

"Hello?".

"Tyler?" Brayden said confused, when Tyler Lockwood answered Kaitlynn's phone, "Why do you have Kaitlynn's phone?".

"I don't know who Kaitlynn is, but this phone was lying in the carpark at my house" Tyler replied.

"Is Caroline still at yours?" Brayden asked.

"No" Tyler replied confused, "Why?".

"Never mind" Brayden replied, "But if you do hear from Caroline, let me know?".

"Yeah, sure" Tyler replied.

"We have a problem" Damon stated, walking into Brayden's room, after he hanged up on Tyler.

"Caroline's missing" Brayden said, before Damon could speak.

"Wait, Caroline's missing too?" Damon asked shocked.

"Too?" Brayden asked confused, "Who else is missing?".

"Fae just called saying Kaitlynn didn't come back to the hotel last night, and she won't answer her phone or any of her text messages" Damon replied, "And Stefan just called saying Elena is missing as well, she never reached home after the Lockwood's party".

"What the hell is happening?!" Brayden yelled, running his hand through his hair in frustration, "Where the hell did Caroline and Kaitlynn disappear to?".