'And apologized.'

"I'm sorry!"

'And apologized. Again and again. I just spent my whole life apologizing.' Slamming his face down to the ground, he struggled to not cry as he quietly cursed to himself. "Dammit..." Clenching his fists beside him as remained curled up on the ground. 'This sucks. My life's ending, and I'm reliving the worst part of it.' Throwing his head back he yelled up to the heavens, "I GET IT, GOD!!! YOU'RE TRYING TO TELL ME MY LIFE FUCKING SUCKED, RIGHT!!?" His eyes filled with tears and the memories of his first love passed through his mind.

"I'm sure you'll succeed, Hanagaki-kun."

The tears built in his eyes, and the memory of his sister's gentle embrace from their youth joined the ghostly memories.

"You idiot, just cause you fell doesn't mean you can't get back up." She cooed as she consoled a crying Takemichi who'd fallen off his bike. "You're stronger than this."

Then the news report from that day twelves years into the future, replayed in his mind. "The escalating dispute between the Tokyo Manji Gang has now claimed innocent victims."

'Tachibana... Mei-nee... The Tokyo Manji Gang...' Takemichi thought as he now sat staring off in the direction Kiyomasa's group walked in, "That's right. The reason they both die twelve years in the future... It's all because of them!" He glared at the group as they finally vanished from sight, but became dejected soon after. "But I guess that has nothing to do with me." Yet, his first love's smile flashed through his mind, and Takemichi briefly realized something. "Wait. Tachibana's..."

Leaving the park they had been beaten in, Takemichi's group, the Mizu five, now made their way home as night fell. The group all but licking their wounds as they did their best to support one another.

"You okay, Takuya?" Makoto weakly asked as Yamagishi used himself as a crutch for the slicked-back dark-haired teen.

"You better not tell anyone that I cried."

"Damnit." Cursed Akkun, the teens walking in almost complete silence as the train passed by. All of them lacking any money now to even take the transport home, but none are willing to even entertain the idea of asking for help from the one person who'd be willing. Least they have to explain their current state to the elder Hanagaki.

"Man, I'm starving." Makoto sighed, as Yamagishi whined in agreement.

"I want some Katsudon."

"I can't eat. My mouth's all busted up." Takuya struggled to voice, as Takemichi slowed and stopped far behind the group in deep thought. "Takemichi?"

"What's wrong, Takemichi?" Akkun asked, "Are you worried about Mei-senpai freaking out?"

Wincing as he held his jaw, Takuya could not help but add, "We can cover for ya if we come up with an excuse."

Shaking his head, Takemichi looked up at the boys with a set gaze, "Sorry, I've gotta go."

"Huh? Go where?" Akkun asked, as Takemichi turned and ran from the group. Leaving the group to stare as he vanished back down the street.

Running as fast as he could, Takemichi couldn't help but realize something, 'I forgot... What did Tachibana look like?' Stopping to finally catch his breath, Takemichi looked up at the apartment complex he ended at, "Here!!" Looking through the complex's mailboxes he found the one holding his first love's name, before heading up to her door and ringing her doorbell.

There was a moment of silence and then, "Yes...?" Takemichi stood up straight at the females' voice, "Wait, Hanagaki-kun?"

"Y-Yeah." Takemichi nervously replied, his mind racing as it finally began to hit just what he was doing. 'Her voice... I remember it.' He thought, the sounds of rapid footsteps and movement coming from beyond the door until it was opened.