The Calm... Pt.1

Authors Note: This shouldn't have taken as much time as it did... But my work schedules been shit, so I've been tired and since this has been a point I've been hyped to reach, I also got light writer's block no joke. A quantum supercomputer calculating for 1000 years could not comprehend how nervous I am right now.​​​​​​​ Anyway enjoy the chapter and look forward for more to come. Let me know what you think please~

August 1st, 2005 Mikey

Groaning to themselves both Mikey and Draken silently walked on either side of a pouting Emma early into the night not that long after what the three would forever call the 'Park Incident.' Both boys had agreed to walk the girl to the Tachibana household for her sleepover, as they both nursed their bruised bodies and egos. Draken struggled to get rid of the crick in his neck from being almost literally folded in half by one Hanagaki Meiko, while Mikey rubbed the back of his head.

"God damn it..." Draken groaned.

"That's what you get for underestimating Mei-chan." Emma boredly muttered as the braided teen grunted. "Seriously, why did you do that?

"I don't... Know." Draken rebuttal, wincing before sighing in relief as he finally cracked his neck. "Maybe I was just under the impression she knew only how to throw a good few punches and a kick here or there. Not... Oh, I don't know..." He sarcastically started to drawl, "Knock me off my feet so she could basically fold me like an omelet. Obviously, I was wrong."

"Uh~ Yeah." Emma huffed, "Mei-chan's a kick-ass kickboxer! Of course, she knows how to fight and handle herself! You're the dummy who underestimated her just based on her size alone."

"I get it!" Draken growled, "My bad for not realizing that the girl knew how to take down a guy, more than twice her size, without so much as breaking a sweat!" Draken almost shouted, using his and Emma's height and size difference to try and make his point.

"Mikey's done that all the time, why be surprised just cause Mei-chan did it... Is it cause she's a–"

"No, it's not because she's a girl!" Draken lied blushing, "And besides, Mikey's... well... Mikey." The pair both looked at the still smiling teen as he rubbed the back of his neck. "He's just a beast. A spoiled brat sure, but there's a reason he still has the title 'Invincible Mikey'. "

"True that." Emma agreed, as Mikey then laughed turning to the pair.

"Man! That was actually a bit of a rush. Who'd have thought Ei-chan could hit so hard." Mikey almost seemed to snicker, "Her punches were actually pretty cool, and her flying kick." He whistled at this, "Nice form. I guess that answers my question if she can land a hit on me." He continued to smile as Draken and Emma both sent the blonde a deadpan expression.

"Seriously..."

"Masochist."

"Hey! I said they were cool, not that I liked getting hit by her. That actually kinda hurt you know!" Mikey snapped at the pair, as Emma simply shrugged.

"Sure, sure. And our Big bro wasn't rejected a total of twenty times in one month."

"Oi!" Mikey pouted at this glaring at his sister, "I'm nothing like Big bro. I've never been rejected before in my life."

"That's cause you've never asked anyone out before." Draken pointed out as Mikey huffed.

"Not true! I asked Ei-chan out, didn't I?" He proudly puffed up as Emma and Draken both sent him mildly shocked expressions.

"So you admit it..." Emma muttered, struggling not to break out grinning.

"Admit what?"

"That you asked, Ei out on a date for the festival." Draken quickly jumped in, sending the blonde a slight smug smirk.