"This idiot! How dare he! He got himself injured just 8 days before the final!! What he was thinking. Can't he play a little carefully. What if he won't be eligible for the finals!!! No. No. No. It can't be. I don't want to win the final without their main batsman. I mean yes I want to win but i only want to win it by having tough competition. I don't want people criticizing me and my players for winning the Wtc against a poor NZ side. Let the match finish first. I won't spare that idiot if he declared unavailable for the finals."

Virat waited patiently till the match over. Kane was feeling happy about their team's performance. Tom Latham and Co were doing great job against England. Although he was a bit worried about the confirmation of his place in the finals. He just entered in his room, when he received his opponent captain's call. Kane smiled as he picked the call.

"Hey... v.........."

"Kane, you idiot monkey! Tere mai akal hai ya woh bhi bech ke kha gaya tu! How could you be so irresponsible! Getting injured just 8 days before the final!! Kane I swear if you won't play in the finals......"

"Well thank you for having this much concern about my injury, virat.

Kane sarcastically said.

"Don't worry, it's not that big deal. Besides this final is my dream too. I won't miss it at any cost. If needed, I'll play with having painkillers."

Virat raised his eyebrows.

"Don't tell me, you're thinking yourself a superhero or something. Playing with painkillers!!! Seriously!!! You know how much pain you'll feel, every time you'll play a shot!!!

Kane smirked.

"Saying the freak, who scored a century with 8 stitches in his hands!!"

"But that was a IPL match. "

Virat tried to argue.

"Yeah exactly. If you could play with 8 stitches in an IPL match, why i couldn't play with an injured elbow in a final match. I'm the captain and it's my job to lead the team from the front! At least that's what i learned from my genius freak friend!"

Kane answered back smilingly. Virat just shook his head.

"Yeah yeah whatever!! But don't forget to take care of your elbow. See you on 17 captain Williamson."

Virat grinned.

Kane laughed.

"You too, captain Kohli."

17th June 2021
Southampton

Press conference of both of them was over now. Virat was eagerly waiting to meet his opponent captain at the stadium. After almost 6 months, they're going to meet in person. Kane didn't played the first match against RCB and by the second match, IPL was postponed to September. They're here for the official photoshoot and kane was a little late because of the press conference.

"Uff yeh barish!!! Pata nahi inn ICC  walon ke pass dimag hai ya nahi!! June mai England mai final rakhwa dia!! Abe agar neutral venue mai karana tha toh UAE mai karwalete. Agar kaal barish hua toh kasam benstokes ki, ICC walon ko issi stadium mai zinda gaad dunga."

Virat was watching the rainfall annoyingly and cursing the icc, when he spotted a familiar kiwi batsman coming towards him with his ever smily face. Only virat knew how did he controlled himself from jumping on him. All the cameras were on them and being the captain of the Indian team, he have to act like a matured and professional cricketer.

Kane came to him and high-fived. Virat smiled at him as they both headed to click pictures with the Wtc mace.

"Kane, how's your elbow? Is it still hurts?"

"No, it's a lot better now. Our physio said i could play freely."

Kane said, surpassing his laughter. It's been almost a year, since Virat talked with him in such a professional opposition captainish manner. To be honest, he was used of his childish manners. But as everyone knows It's always been like this. They're opponents since the time they met each other. They always face 2 different type of emotions after the match. If one og them will get a chance of being happy, another one will face the pain of losing. Just like the semi finals of both 2008 and 2019 world cup. But their friendship was still the same. Kane knew that they have a mutual agreement of keeping their friendship and the national duties apart. He will never let his friendship affecting his national duties and vice versa. He did clear it in the conference that no matter how thick friendship they have, at the end they're opponents and
Same was with kane too. It's not that he doesn't believe virat or his love and respect towards him, But this time, judging virat's craziness for the Wtc, kane was wondering after the next 5 days, whether their friendship will remain the same or not. One of them will get a chance to fulfill his dream and another one will left heart broken. But the question was who?

Who'll fulfill his dream and which one will left heart broken again and how far it'll affect virane bond???

Little did he knew that, the person walking next to him was having the exactly same thought.